The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Dirty Business Of Email Submits

tac88

Hey Guy's
Please excuse me this mourning for I may be a little negative but I am pissed and so are you going to be after you read this.
In a perfect world we all make money online and and we buy our traffic it converts and we pay are bills ? Right?
Wrong !

Let's me tell you the real truth that nobody is going to tell you about these CPA networks and what they are doing to you and I.
Do you really think that when you run a email submit offer say from any of the so called CPA networks "look around your surrounded" that say you get 1000 clicks and usually you will have maybe 4 conversions . Do you really think that 996 people didn't put there email in the box that they clicked on?
Of course they did ! They just aren't paying you!
That most likely converted about 650 on 1000 clicks but the network has what is called there shave at 65% so they convert at that rate .
So they get 650 conversions and you get one and you are lucky and you get to pay for the traffic also. .
Nice Right?
Hell No!

Well that is how CPA networks work a lot of set there scrub at 35% some higher and some lower and if you are lucky some of the networks do 15% buy the one that you are looking at on this page are higher. Here is a screen shot of one set at 35%

If you are not using your own tracking software then you have no chance at all. Tracking 202 is free set it up it will not fix this but will help.
My advice is if you want to make money online Lead Gen, Out Right Sales, and Offline clients build up your own brand is your best means.
CPA marketing is on the verge of collapse right now and is about to go threw a giant change.

I think that all of you should read this article which I already new this before I read this recently.
The scrub

Because I am a honest person and real sick of people in this life taking advantage of other people ,I had the balls to tell you guy's the truth.
So hopefully you get to read this?
Always remember that change is good and for every bad thing that isn't working that ends makes room for a good thing that will work.
In other words something good is going to come out of all of this.

Talk to you soon

Sounds like a conspiracy theory but I've heard of this before. It's not like we can do something about it. It's either use CPA or don't.

While, obviously, there are some networks that scrub, there are definitely ones that don't. There's something you need to know about email submits, too. A good many of the offers that are labeled email submits aren't true email submits anymore. They're actually path offers which means the user has to go through the entire offer, opting in to different offers along the path in order for credit to be given. Here's a way for you to know if it's a true email submit or not. If you click on the landing page of an offer, then you 'X' out of it, if you get a box that comes up and you have to click either 'Leave Page' or 'Stay On Page', that's a path offer and not a true email submit.

I've got a very low epc email submit offer that converts 2 of 3 clicks. So I think it may depends on the traffic quality, advertiser, and the network.

Yes this is unfortunately true. there are some CPA Networks that shave at 35% as one poster commented on. And Linda is also correct that Emaiol submits are not true email submits anymore. They have evolved into path offers which the user must navigate through. I dont mind this at all, however I dont like the fact that some networks do shave alot because other networks are hurt by this too not just affiliates.

Thanks for the post. sorry to hear it and your not alone. I always have faith that everything will get better as we progress. Keep your head up.
If you want to talk sometime let me know

While, obviously, there are some networks that scrub, there are definitely ones that don't. There's something you need to know about email submits, too. A good many of the offers that are labeled email submits aren't true email submits anymore. They're actually path offers which means the user has to go through the entire offer, opting in to different offers along the path in order for credit to be given. Here's a way for you to know if it's a true email submit or not. If you click on the landing page of an offer, then you 'X' out of it, if you get a box that comes up and you have to click either 'Leave Page' or 'Stay On Page', that's a path offer and not a true email submit.

Then that means it's a different category. It's up to the CPA network to categorize that correctly and maybe increase payout for it? After all, it's not a simple email submit anymore.

Then that means it's a different category. It's up to the CPA network to categorize that correctly and maybe increase payout for it? After all, it's not a simple email submit anymore.

You're absolutely correct. That's why on our network we have them in the Surveys category and the requirements are to complete the survey with valid information. We don't have them as email submits, even though our sources label them as such.

Thanks guys for the input on this. Sorry to talk about a negative subject ,. It was very upsetting to hear after dumping a ton on traffic that didn't convert . Then read about that.

Thanks guys for the input on this. Sorry to talk about a negative subject ,. It was very upsetting to hear after dumping a ton on traffic that didn't convert . Then read about that.

We all have negative subjects to deal with now and again. The point is, though, for us not to be negative as a result. And sometimes talking about something can actually help from becoming negative because nobody's in this alone. We all have so much to learn in this business and we're all here to help each other. What happened to you certainly stinks but, believe me, there are networks that don't shave. On our network, if we get paid for the leads the affiliates get paid for the leads. No question.

We all have negative subjects to deal with now and again. The point is, though, for us not to be negative as a result. And sometimes talking about something can actually help from becoming negative because nobody's in this alone. We all have so much to learn in this business and we're all here to help each other. What happened to you certainly stinks but, believe me, there are networks that don't shave. On our network, if we get paid for the leads the affiliates get paid for the leads. No question.

:) !! Thanks for your constructive message !! :)

Well you see .. i had a offer for iPhone 5 and i have promoted it like crazy... i uploaded youtube video pinged it submited to fb pages, reddit stumbleupon... i got 150+ clicks and no conversions... 2-3 days ago, when i hadn't promoted that offer for a month, i cont a conversion ... it depends on your traffic quality, maybe its a bot and doesnt programmed to put email or so... its just bad traffic nothing else.

Well you see .. i had a offer for iPhone 5 and i have promoted it like crazy... i uploaded youtube video pinged it submited to fb pages, reddit stumbleupon... i got 150+ clicks and no conversions... 2-3 days ago, when i hadn't promoted that offer for a month, i cont a conversion ... it depends on your traffic quality, maybe its a bot and doesnt programmed to put email or so... its just bad traffic nothing else.

That can definitely be a factor. It goes without saying that bad traffic doesn't and shouldn't convert. But when you see a screen shot of a back end page of a network showing a scrub rate it's disheartening, especially if you're legitimately running the campaign.

I think the key here to be very selective about what networks you use, it is well known that some networks do not pay out as much as others, so read reviews, talk to others on this forum and get a good idea about what networks you can put your trust in. This should help you avoid the situation where you end up wasting your time and getting pissed. I have been making good money with CPA for some time now, although it did take me a while to test and retest methods until I started having success. Keep your chin up and push forward, rise above the problems and you will succeed, in the words of the Dalai Lama, Never Give Up

Most of the time its not the network scrubbing, but the advertiser. Email Submits today all send the users through a coreg path then to an offer wall. This is where a good portion of the backend rev is from. Different qualities of traffic have different results on the backend. After a good portion of traffic the advertiser has a good idea of how much money they make per lead and then they effectively scrub so that they are still able to be profitable on the traffic. With a lot of traffic(especially incent) advertisers would not be profitable without scrubbing. It sucks, but it's there for a reason and its not going away. It is possible for traffic to be good enough that it will not scrub though.

Most of the time its not the network scrubbing, but the advertiser. Email Submits today all send the users through a coreg path then to an offer wall. This is where a good portion of the backend rev is from. Different qualities of traffic have different results on the backend. After a good portion of traffic the advertiser has a good idea of how much money they make per lead and then they effectively scrub so that they are still able to be profitable on the traffic. With a lot of traffic(especially incent) advertisers would not be profitable without scrubbing. It sucks, but it's there for a reason and its not going away. It is possible for traffic to be good enough that it will not scrub though.
This is very true. ^^^
I am not saying that networks don’t shave. The main shave is the advertiser’s. The advertisers have to make a profit on traffic, if not then they are not able to give us the payouts that we receive. We ourselves have caused this by demanding more per conversions, fraud, and poor quality traffic. I have seen two pubs running the same offer, but both have different epc’s. This is actually common, one affiliate’s traffic is better for the advertiser then the other.
I am not saying it is right to be scrubbed at all. I don’t like it at all. Affiliate networks that do scrub are usually not long lasting and they get discovered pretty fast. Most of the time it’s actually the offer owner or advertiser that scrubs an offer that is out of the network’s hands. Remember the networks that don’t scrub are also losing money, also.

I don't scrub at my network and I'm not losing money(as far as i know!)

Scrubbing does not happen with my network, either. Affiliates get paid for every lead that we get paid for. Unfortunately, I know I'm losing money and that I'm not getting paid for leads that I should be. Of course, there's no way to prove it but, as has been said previously in this thread, advertisers won't make money if they don't shave leads, especially with incent. I guess it's a situation where they either do this to make money or they'll take their advertising dollars elsewhere. After all, this is about them getting an ROI on their investment. The sickening thing is when networks scrub. There's absolutely no excuse whatsoever for that.

This is very true. To compete the CPA must be higher than they can afford.

I don't scrub at my network and I'm not losing money(as far as i know!)

What I mean by losing is they are getting scrubbed just like the Affiliate.

Please, expand on your comment "...CPA marketing is on the verge of collapse right now... ". Give us some evidence of how you know that.

i think there was is some script which you can add to your offer page by iframing that let you record how many email submits were done. read some where. dont remember.

banners
Back