The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Directory with a difference - Young Designers Speak Out!

1christopher

Hi folks,

Following research and exasperation, i realised there was no body for young web producers to show they care.

I and a few others came up with a concept, a young internet alliance.

So, it has been formed, and we have a site, at UK Young Internet Alliance , and had some very good responses so far.

Maybe some of you will be interested in joining.

You will receive a numbered logo to display on your site, and a listing in our members directory, grouped by county.

If you would like to join, please register using the form on the site.

So - the rules are:
Any designer or coder under 22 can join, and can stay until they are 25.
All members must provide a real name to us.
All members must have a live website we can link to.
All members must have a publishable email address.
All members must abide by the code of conduct.
Must live in the UK.

Thanks for your time,
Hope this isnt classed as Spam :)

Christopher

Last edited:
No, i don't feel that this is discrimination, i feel almost the opposite. That young people are often discriminated against, because of their age, and that is why i started this group, because of the unfair treatment we often recieved.

Just the same as Saga is for over 55s, this is aiming at the other end of the scale.

Sorry if this offended you, that wasn't the aim!

Christopher,
I think your project is commendable, I am not that young so I cannot join your organization, however, if your organization needs sponsorship or any sort, you may drop me a message, I may be willing to sponsor it.
Good luck.

Sorry temi, i misunderstood your last post. Did that mean you were in agreement with Mikeinlincs?

Can you be refused a job because you're too young?

Older people experience most age discrimination. However, it also takes place against young people. It is now unlawful for an employer to impose a lower age limit when recruiting, unless this age restriction can be objectively justified or is imposed by law.
From direct.gov.uk

Last edited:
Christopher, I am NOT in agreement with Mikeinlincs. I think your project is a nice, I cannot see anything wrong with people (of certain age group) getting together to further advance something of common interest to them.

Ok thanks for your support. The major hurdle now is to build up the membership numbers! We have a feature in a major magazine coming up soon so hopefully that will help, but until then i am simply trying to find new members who agree with the principle and would like to join.

Yeah, I don;t think it's age discrimination. It's a way for like minded young designers to promote their wares. As a 24 year old, I know that it can be ruddy tricky to get started with a company or even on your own, because you don't have experience. I'm lucky in that I found a job, and have about 2-3 years experience now.

If you think it's age descrimination - don't bother using the site :)

No you have not offended me at all, just trying to point out that we all should not discriminate against people for age, race or religion.

Just the same as Saga is for over 55s, this is aiming at the other end of the scale.

Sorry if this offended you, that wasn't the aim!

let me explain …
When I said your skating on thin ice, have you heard of age discrimination act..

What your doing is excluding people from joining because of age, with age comes experience and knowledge that older people could be more than willing to share with your members. Apart from that you will be excluding yourself as being an eligible members in a few years from now. You become to old to be a member at 25 ?

Using the membership preferred age as a guideline and you will find they leave on a natural basis when they feel they are to old to be a member, that way you don’t discriminate against older people or fall foul of age discrimination laws. You increase your membership, as someone that has just turned 24 will be more likely to join if they know they would not be kicked out in less than a years time because they are to old at 25. Something you may not have even considered is the older clients your members will be most likely working for, some may just take offence that you are excluding older people.

The NFYFC (young farmers) is for young people 10-26 but they don’t exclude people from being members because they don’t work on farms, they come from varied backgrounds. Just like this forum it does not exclude members on age grounds. Otherwise I support your idea for the UK Young Internet Alliance.

BTW Saga is for the over 50s not 55s (hehe I can join now)

Mike :D

Thanks for your feedback. As with everything that has been said, i am storing it up in a 'bank', and i believe over time the criteria and alliance itself will evolve. We're currently within the first month, with 15 members, trying to get a membership level that will enable us to further grow and the members to begin to run the alliance themselves, as opposed to me governing over it as present.

As with everybody, thanks for your views.

banners
Back