monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Desktop Banner Traffic

Discussion in 'Display Media Buying' started by jack45, Dec 2, 2015.

1. jack45

jack45 Affiliate affiliate

Hello,

I'm promoting something very generic (sweeps) and want to try scale it to Desktop Banner traffic, I have only ever done Adult on Desktop so would like some traffic source recommendations based on the criteria below:

High volume (my GEO has a low population - based in Europe)
    Low starting budget ($100 max)
    Self-serve

Edit:
    Going to keep a list of traffic sources below.

SiteScout [Min Deposit: $500, Volume: High]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  2. monetizer
  3. jstiger

jstiger Affiliate affiliate

Please be advised that 33%-67% of all clicks in programmatic advertising - depending on who you chose to believe - consist of bot traffic.

I'm mostly running traffic through media buys and in my experience, if you chose to use DSPs, prior research into demographics and upstream sites is key. You want to select sites that receive real traffic either through social media, media buys or search engines. A lot of sites, especially on sitescout, are designes for the sole purpose of selling bot traffic. If you don't have a few grand to drop on testing, failure to select quality sites will cost you your budget.

I advice you and everyone starting with media buys to read the following article:
    The Fake Traffic Schemes That Are Rotting the Internet

GarrettThalamus, jakon and seeqer like this.
  4. jack45

jack45 Affiliate affiliate

@jstiger

Thanks for the headsup - the article was a good read.

In your experience, how much better do direct buys perform against DSPs?

5. jstiger

jstiger Affiliate affiliate

I usually start with RTB first. Once I find a a good placement I consider going direct. That being said, I have never done a direct buy for an affiliate offer. You don't want to prepay for a month of traffic and then get the offer pulled.

heartimpelled likes this.
  6. Lisa_trafficshop

Lisa_trafficshop Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

Not many affiliate are aware that Trafficshop has desktop banners available though our beta version which is also a self serve platform.
    [Min deposit: $10 , traffic volume: 2mln mix geos], selected publishers only.
    Would like to add more info reg targeting: geo, language, browser,OS,niche,domain.
    Tokens: order_id,campaign_type, ad_id, channel_id, county,etc

7. heartimpelled

heartimpelled Affiliate affiliate

what Do you mean for RTB ?

8. Dispply

Dispply Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Real Time Bidding platforms, the ones you buy impressions on.

heartimpelled likes this.
  9. GarrettThalamus

GarrettThalamus Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

Best to work with Ad Networks or Programmatic players that provide site-level transparency. It's hard these days for any buyer with the opacity of the industry - but I guess it benefits the adtech companies to be less transparent.

We built a tool that might help - it has data on all the ad networks/platforms and their publisher partners, targeting they offer, and even their contacts. You can visit the site at www.thalamus.co

Featured Resources (View All)

MI