The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Demographic Bidding From Google

TeamPlayer

affiliate
This might have been around for a while, though I don`t remember seeing this announcement last time I looked at Adwords, a few days ago.

Demographic bidding now available on selected sites in the Google content network
You can bid more for preferred demographic groups or exclude users of a certain age or gender from seeing your ads. Select any campaign running on the Google content network and click edit campaign settings.

I wonder how they can detect age and genders of users? Probably a very simple answer which I`ve missed. :eek:

The facility seem to be available in "Google content network" this usually mean sites like Gmail, bloggers and other web properties where you have to provide you age, gender etc etc before you can use the service. This will not apply to the search site such as google.co.uk or google.com

Question for you Temi.

Google being as big as it is with many branches & so, as a user of many of there products i enter my details (the ones needed) but iv noticed different services ask a multitude of different questions do they combine all this to make one big profile about us the user?

You put your finger on it Resonate, all the "free services" are used mainly to collect info about us to use in targeted marketing like they are offering now.
In their small prints (which 99% of people never reads) they do warn you that they may use the info you provide them for marketing purposes etc etc so you have sort of given your consent for them to use your data the way they are using it.
Question for you Temi.
but iv noticed different services ask a multitude of different questions do they combine all this to make one big profile about us the user?

MI
Back