The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Credit Crunch

whiskymac

Just wondered how the old credit crunch was affecting everyone .
merchants here (Scotland ) look to be spending more on marketing.
Goods have got cheaper electronics particularly but services much dearer.
So lads and lassies keep twa hand on yer sillar.(hold on to your money)
whiskymac.

Whiskeymac, I think you're dead on with the credit crunch game. We Americans are well known for getting ourselves into unbelievable debt in a remarkably short amount of time. With more and more employers basing employment decisions off of credit history, this bruise is going to take a long time to heal. Alot of good people took a hit on their credit recently due to the mortgage crisis. Time, be kind.

Affecting us here too

Here in the Philippines, businesses both big and small are affected by this. In effect, the companies who can't borrow from lending institutions have been forced to lay off some of their personnel and some business have already closed...

I heard on the news this morning that roughly 1 million Americans are filing for bankruptcy, having raked on average $50,000 in credit card debt. I couldn't believe my ears, but then it did make sense when I remembered we are living in a consumer society.

I've bee monitoring all my spending lately, only spending when I absolutely need to. This recession has made me realize you have to break out of the consumer habit not only to survive, but to live life they way you want it, and not on the whims of the market or what you're supposed to buy.

here we go again

Uk goverment just spent another 20 billion to encourage us to spend, is this not the reason we are in this mess in the first place.
Hold onto yer bits lads and lassies next 6 months are going to get bumpy.

Whiskymac.:eek:

20 billion! How nice of them. At this rate we'll end up like the Americans - no offence by the way. I think we may have a year or two till this storm blows over.

banners
Back