The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

CPC or CPM?

shivendra

What is better CPC or CPM ?
And can someone can really tell me exactly what does impression means?
Also if i take some space,banner space,etc of some website which has good traffic source of same niche whom i planning to promote,is a good idea?

This is a question that can raise a lot of controversy. To determine which is best, CPC marketers will likely tell you that one can’t trust the impression counts with CPM. However, with CPC you have to beware of click fraud

As for the question of which leads are better, CPC can get more views and CPM may be higher qualified and more pre-qualified.

Impressions are the total number of times your advertisement was shown.

Also if i take some space,banner space,etc of some website which has good traffic source of same niche whom i planning to promote,is a good idea?

It depends on your level of experience. Yes, this can be very lucrative, but test, test, test, before committing to a large budget. Study up a bit on this so as not to get caught in contracts that are not in your favor. Make sure to study the demographics, and any other metrics, about the site.

This is a question that can raise a lot of controversy. To determine which is best, CPC marketers will likely tell you that one can’t trust the impression counts with CPM. However, with CPC you have to beware of click fraud

As for the question of which leads are better, CPC can get more views and CPM may be higher qualified and more pre-qualified.

Impressions are the total number of times your advertisement was shown.

It depends on your level of experience. Yes, this can be very lucrative, but test, test, test, before committing to a large budget. Study up a bit on this so as not to get caught in contracts that are not in your favor. Make sure to study the demographics, and any other metrics, about the site.
@T J Tutor
Many thanks for the info you shared.
I know you are among the best person here who helps everyone.

Also can you recommend me one thing ? As a fresher/newbie shall is start with email submits offers?And which platform should i start with to advertise ?

@T J Tutor
Many thanks for the info you shared.
I know you are among the best person here who helps everyone.

Also can you recommend me one thing ? As a fresher/newbie shall is start with email submits offers?And which platform should i start with to advertise ?

These are very difficult for us as a community to decide for a person. Everyone starts with something different. I started by promoting hosting services and Registrars. Then I moved into ClickBank stuff, then dating, then I did over eight years with Real Estate Leads. I highly suggest studying the various verticals, select one, and drill down to a sub-niche level that has a highly focused demographic. Then decide what type of traffic you want to use such as PPC, PPV, CPM, etc. Then select the traffic source that fits your vertical and promotion method. Once this is done, then look for offers in your networks that fit your verticals sub-niche, promotion method, and traffic source.

Last edited:

As an affiliate, DON'T use CPM to pay for your traffic. You want to pay for something more tangible and less risky which CPC is much better for.

Besides, CPM tends to shift the risk upon the person paying for it, not the one serving the impressions. Therefore if you promote CPA or CPL products, stick to getting traffic per click - it will safe you a lot of headaches crunching numbers ;)

Nick

MI
Back