The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Cloudways or Digitalocean, confused.

Ipsummedia

affiliate
I am looking to buy a vps,I have 2 options infront of me Cloudways and digitalocean. Cloudways is managed I guessed.So which to buy ?

DigitalOcean is VPS, and do not support cPanel.
Unless you have the skill to install them using "SSH", those coding stuff.
Very confusing.

I have used DigitalOcean, I can't really recommend them unless you want to install a system for 5 hours... I am not very pleased with them.

Think of Cloudways as a managed DigitalOcean - if you go with DO then you will have to spend time yourself to configure the server, install firewalls, install applications and other features.

Through Cloudways you will get a UI to control your server and install Open Source applications like WordPress, Magento, Drupal etc with just a single click. They handle all the complex server stuff and have cool features like auto matic backups policy, server scaling, server and application cloning with unlimited staging URLs.

So if you are comfortable in working with command line, can invest time in place of some $$$ then DO is for you. However if you are newbie at server management then Cloudways is for you as they will handle all technical aspects of servers and provide you 24/7 tech support

It depends. Cloudways' managed cloud hosting offers more features and support than DigitalOcean's bare plans. However, if you have advanced knowledge of server administration, DigitalOcean's inexpensive unmanaged plans might be a better option for you.

I have used DigitalOcean for maybe 4 years.
The VPS servers are for advanced users that can manage a server in SSH remotely. The is no support for anything other than the hardware and virtualization software --the server itself is your problem.
Uptime is very good and the speed is excellent for a VPS.

banners
Back