The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Cloaking affiliate links info?

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
Hi guys,

I have finally placed my review page linked from my website:) Now if anyone can share any good info on cloaking affiliate links it would be gladly appreciated. I have checked the previous forum on cloaking links using .htaccess, but when I uploaded the created file it was no where to be found. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks alot guys!

If you don't have .htaccess in your root directory you need to create it. I'd check your web host documentation to be sure you do it right. It's a very sensitive file and the tiniest syntax error can cause problems.

Then after you get the .htaccess set up here's a good doc on how to do the affiliate cloaking/redirects

Using .htaccess to Hide Affiliate Links

Thanks Linda,

I tried it. I created the .htaccess file. Is it supposed to be .htaccess.txt? when i open it in my server web disk it gives me the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect". any suggestions?

Thanks

htaccess??

Hi guys, thanks for the input!

I have a problem, I've successfully created the htaccess file and uploaded to my root folder. Before I got the chance to put in any code, I checked my site and all of the links were all "404 errors". I contacted customer support and they have resolved the issue and have informed me that it was caused by missing info within the htaccess file. My guess is that it has overwritten an original htaccess file that wasn't visible when I checked my root folder.

Should I just pay for a software to cloak my links instead of messing with the file, as I guess I don't have enough html knowledge? any suggestions?

My apologee for the hastle.

Thanks all!

My guess is that it has overwritten an original htaccess file that wasn't visible when I checked my root folder.
Thanks all!

Oh that could be. :eek:

I'm really not very technical and don't know what to tell you. I use GoTryThis - the white hat version.
I like it because it also tracks clicks and has comparison graphs of all your top clicked links.

Cloaking Affiliate Links is standard proceedure

Hi guys,

I have finally placed my review page linked from my website:) Now if anyone can share any good info on cloaking affiliate links it would be gladly appreciated. I have checked the previous forum on cloaking links using .htaccess, but when I uploaded the created file it was no where to be found. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks alot guys!

Yes, my favorite way is to get an inexspensive domain name registered as a non published entity. Then have the domain name forwarded to your affiliate link and automatically cloaked. You can do this really cheap at Go Daddy or other reliable vendors.
You can allso get a non published domain. Then put a "redirect html script" into the header of your index file and point it towards your affiliate link. That's where you'll need a hosting program. My first method mentioned is the less exspensive way

banners
Back