The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Celebrity has started site in my niche!?

TeDWooD

Recently (well in the last 3 days) a well known celebrity has started a site within my niche, which i was about to enter by the end of the month. I would assume this is bad but then again could it attract more attention to my niche and more searches or is it just a stiffer competition?
What do you guys think?

Hmmm, that's a good one. Not sure. You'll have to see how well his site ranks and see if you can outdo him. If he's a celebrity, he may have an easier time getting backlinks though. :p

I wouldn't worry too much though. Just because he's a celebrity does not mean he knows how to build, optimize and market a site.

It might also depend on who the celebrity is. If it's someone like Tom Cruise, Suzanne Somers, Jim Carrie and his wife, etc., the "fame" may not help them much.

No this is a person that knows exactly what they are one about in their niche and they are a specific expert at it. Then again as Linda said, just because they know about the topic doesn't meant that they can monetize, build, market and drive traffic to their site.

Hang on guys i would like to add a little irony here. After looking on Wikipedia i have found out that they actually went to a school IN my community and also has a domain which has 2 Keywords which i was going to use!!! Its more or less the same except it has "the" in front. That is just kinda freaky if you ask me!

Why dont you want to tell us the name of those celebrities? And how are you able to take note of newly created sites that are in or related to your niche? Dominating a niche does not have anything to do with celebrities, it all depends on how much you can push your site forward in SERPS for searches related to your sites keyword.

Dominating a niche does not have anything to do with celebrities, it all depends on how much you can push your site forward in SERPS for searches related to your sites keyword.

That's true to an extent but it does depend on why that person is a celebrity. If s/he is a celebrity because of prominence in the niche, you have an uphill climb.

Try going against some of the major names in SEO or internet marketing selling an eBook and you'll see what I mean.

Concentrate on providing visitors and customers with what they need. Concentrate on being the best in your niche, and you need never worry about the competition.

banners
Back