The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can't get Mobile Pop to Work

Here's the thing with spending a X number amount. That X amount could very so much depending on the GEO, so to say oh you haven't spent enough doesn't hold enough valid weight right? I guess what i'm saying is perhaps its best to judge by actual X number of impessions/views. What do you think?
No.
Impressions or views don't mean anything if you're not considering the payout.
If your offer pays $0.1 then $100 is a good budget to start testing, but if it pays $1 it's almost nothing.

I can see you mentioned your offer pays $0.4, and spending $10 on it could give you some decent insights but saying you can't get mobile pop to work after spending $10 is what doesn't make sense.

Yes, your current campaign might be bad and not working at all, but that's very far from mobile pops not working for you.

No.
Impressions or views don't mean anything if you're not considering the payout.
If your offer pays $0.1 then $100 is a good budget to start testing, but if it pays $1 it's almost nothing.

I can see you mentioned your offer pays $0.4, and spending $10 on it could give you some decent insights but saying you can't get mobile pop to work after spending $10 is what doesn't make sense.

Yes, your current campaign might be bad and not working at all, but that's very far from mobile pops not working for you.

So from what ive always heard a low payouy offer such as that should be 10x the payout. So how much should i spend on a .40 offer to get enough data.

Hi @servandosilva

Newbie here.. Quick question about your previuos remarks. Let's say that I got 2 similar games offers, one pays $0.1 and the other $1. The traffic I would buy for the $1 offer would not be the same for the $0.1 offer?

Maybe try with JS popup? yes, a lot of publishers find it annoying and a lot of DSP see it as illegal, but its worth the shot. Use a cloak for it ;)

So from what ive always heard a low payouy offer such as that should be 10x the payout. So how much should i spend on a .40 offer to get enough data.
10x works for a initial test, but based on your data (publishers traffic distribution, conversions, etc) I'd spend like $50 to start optimizing and analyzing with statistical significance.

Hi @servandosilva

Newbie here.. Quick question about your previuos remarks. Let's say that I got 2 similar games offers, one pays $0.1 and the other $1. The traffic I would buy for the $1 offer would not be the same for the $0.1 offer?
It's the same traffic, but you'll need to spend more.

In fact, if you're testing several offers and landing pages at the same time, you need to multiply your budgets for tests.

Let's say you're testing a $1 offer and another paying $2. If you want to spend 20x initially you need to spend 20x$1 + 20x$2 = $60.
And if you have 3 landing pages you have to multiply it so $60 x 3 = $180 to get a decent test at 20x of the initial payouts.

Last edited:
Let's say you're testing a $1 offer and another paying $2. If you want to spend 20x initially you need to spend 20x$1 + 20x$2 = $30.
And if you have 3 landing pages you have to multiply it so $30 x 3 = $90 to get a decent test at 20x of the initial payouts.

20x$1 + 20x$2 = $30 Doesn't this actually come to $60?

Hi!

Was the segment you're targeting (GEO + carrier + OS) suggested to you by your affiliate network's AM?

Why do I ask?

Because your AM will have insightful info regarding such matters.

That info is gonna help you make the best choices from the start.

Try asking your AM what offers work best for the traffic source you're using!

You'll be surprised, for sure!

Cheers!

MI
Back