The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Can posting in forums increase PR?

At the previous export I gained PR3 for one of the sites I represent, though I had 600 sig links.

ok, i think ill have a go at that. does it matter which forums i post to or anything? how many posts are needed for a decent effect?

Yep. as everyone already says, if you post on a thread and that thread is indexed, it'll help you with your PR.

PR as in page rank. Does using a sig with a link in help increase page rank?

Yes , posting in forum matters , it`s good for the traffic but also for the page rank. You actually gain PR from your profile page ( that is where your site is listed and also your signatures ). In time after few updates your profile page PR may go up to even PR 3 .

Posting in forums does matter, but if You look closely in Your webmaster central at Google You are going to notice that not every one of them has been accounted for. I have just over a thousand posts with my main site in plus about 500 - 600 back links from other sites, but in webmaster central I barely get 300 back links total with less than a hundred from forum posts.

Unless nofollowed all links will pass some PR to you, however small it may be. But PR is not what were after as SEOs. PR has no influence on rankings, I can gain a PR6 and still have nothing as far as traffic/conversions to show for it.

Forum links pass very little ranking value if any. A member at seochat(reputed member) noted that he had thousands of forum sig links, he removed them and his rankings never changed. I have also seen this so the value of the forum sig is very low. There are two reasons for this.

1. Google is disvaluing easy forms of gaining links such as links pages, reciprocal links(mostly unrelated/links page) and forum sig links.

2. Forums are setup in php. Google can read php fine and visit php urls however they aren't treated the same as html. Take a look at this url:
forums.domainname.com/showthread.php?t=216611

Even forums like UkWemasterWorld which use html/sef links will pass very little value to your site because Google is trying to cut down on easily gained forms of linkbuilding. HOWEVER they are a good way of showing members your sites, getting a web presence and getting links even. I link to sites because I see them in sigs but ONLY if they are good.

It helps to support PR but isn't going to get your site to PR3+ on its own.

View sig links as part of a link building strategy - as a foundation level for gaining link volume, similar to mass free directory submissions.

Don't forget that sig links are also good for traffic, so long as you make sensible, relevant posts :)

Links in forums do work, as i've noticed in the past few months, the majority of the PR on one of my sites is down to Signature Links in forums.

banners
Back