The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Can I submit review articles to Squidoo or HubPages?

Samchang

affiliate
Few days ago I found a clickbank product that I think is worth promoting and wrote a review article for it. Then I spent many hours reading materials about Squidoo optimization on WA and create my first lens based on that article.

When I finally hit the "Publish" button I was very excited as I thought "Wow, I'm making my first step towards making money online!"

Then something really suck(sorry for the rude word) happened: Squidoo said my lens may have violated their anti-spam policy, so I'll have to have my article reviewed manually(within 30DAYs!) and if I failed to pass their review, my account may be banned.

Then I turned to HubPages thinking that this site may be more friendly to my article, but before I even get started it told me right up front that promotion articles are not welcomed.

Heck, does that means articles like "XXXX product review" are all-banned by both sites? Is Ezine the only major article directory that accept this kind of articles?

I'm feeling a little frustrated after getting rejected by two of the most famous article directories. :(

If you want to do review type articles, you might want to consider building a blog. If you don't have a website, host etc., you can set up a free blog on Google's Blogger.com to start.

As things begin to swing your way, you could then consider getting your own domain and web host.

Pete

They are all getting really strict about affiliate review articles and affiliate articles period, even Ezine Articles.

That's because SO many affiliates try to market this way since it's free and so many break the rules or produce poor quality content. So once again, it's a matter of the bad guys ruining it for the rest of us.

I agree with Pete. If you start your own blog then you have control PLUS you are driving traffic to your own site instead of someone else's.

Is Ezine the only major article directory that accept this kind of articles? (

I'm almost certain that EZA doesn't accept those kinds of articles. And even if they once did, they almost certainly don't anymore. Why? Because they're really cleaning house over at EZA, and many review articles are really poorly written, as Linda correctly stated. EZA is aggressively trying to distance itself from that type of content.

I agree with Pete. Build a blog and write review articles til' your heart's content.

David Jackson

pegeler is 100% correct. You need to start a blog, and you would be a lot better off spending the 10 bucks plus hosting and setup a wordpress blog, no need to waste work if you are serious about making money online.

Once you set that up and get a few post on it, then write informational articles or "how to" articles and put them on squidoo and hubpages. You are allowed to get 2 links on hubpages, so link the informational articles to your blog, same on squidoo.

Write some informational articles and submit them to directories like ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com, and there are others also, with a link to your blog. Use your blog to promote and the other tools to build the power of your blog, and you will do ok.

Make sure you submit your RSS feeds to feed directories also. Yes, a lot of work, but if you work hard and smart, then you can get to where you make a living online.

Great advice here. I also support the idea of getting your blog.

However, Ezinearticles, Hubpages and Squidoo are still all great sites that you should still integrate into your marketing especially for building links and getting traffic.

I think if you want to have great content on your site that people will find value in, you should probably get into the habit of submitting to Ezinearticles and try to get them approved. Because if you're getting rejected by Ezine, what does that say about the level of quality that you're giving them and how is this going to be different if you start submitting the same thing on your very own blog?

Always try to help your prospecting visitors before you try to help yourself and you should have not much of a problem.

Jay

if you have your own domain you can use entries on hubpages and squidoo the way you want (to promote your aff link) but it requires a little blackhat (not advisable).
on the other hand, your approach was not consistent - you wrote a "fake" review (you did not have the product, right?) and wanted to publish it on a relatively respectable website.
either write a valid review (see the comments above) or skip the review completely and go after the people already interested in the benefits of the product - they will be more receptive and prone to check it out even without your hollow endorsement.

not sure if I made myself understood here - the idea is to be true to yourself - are you writing reviews or selling the product for hard cash?

on the other hand, your approach was not consistent - you wrote a "fake" review (you did not have the product, right?) and wanted to publish it on a relatively respectable website.

Just for making things clear, I DO have the product. I know writing fake review is a common malpractice in affiliate marketing, but please don't make the assumption too soon.

On the other hand, I have to agree with part of your comment. I wrote the review because I want to make money, but at the time I wrote it I do think it's a good product. Although after a few weeks and more study on similar products or websites, I began to doubt my initial judgement. If you say at that time I was a honest but inaccurate reveiwer, I would agree with you. :p

apologies if I came too hard on that aspect - I personally do not care if a review is fake or not (since reviews are subjective, even an honest review can be misleading). what I am trying to tell you is to be true to yourself about your motivation - as an affiliate you are out for the sales, ethics come second as long as you don't break the law. again, sorry if this is too harsh, but I am still to meet a car dealer that remembers my name AFTER the purchase.

Both Ezine articles and Squidoo are getting tough.

You can promote products on Squidoo but the article has to be quality and not an obvious sales pitch.

I have a lens up that makes me $400ish a month.

Check out the affiliate lenses on there that have not been banned. There are a couple of good world of warcraft and get a six pack articles

banners
Back