affiliate

Attachments

• pr2.jpg
    pr2.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 5
  • pr4.jpg
    pr4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 4
It is because Google treats the /forum/index.php URL and the /forum/ differently, hence theire pagerank were calculated seperatly. You may want to use 301 redirect in order to let spiders know that they should deal only with the /forum/ URL.

Thanks for that Bagi, can you explain how I would do the 301 redirect ? I don't have a clue how to do that. By that how can I use a redirect from /forum/index.php to /forum/ without it causing a loop or internal server error.

Mike :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup! I've Experience this before... you have to redirect your page by using the permanent 301 redirection. Yo have to focus all of your links on your Home page, so that your page rank turn intact...

301 redirect is configure through your .htaccess file.

Yup! I've Experience this before... you have to redirect your page by using the permanent 301 redirection. Yo have to focus all of your links on your Home page, so that your page rank turn intact...

301 redirect is configure through your .htaccess file.

I tried that torpengkute, but just get internal server errors or a loop thro.

I did find that some of my internal links where pointing at /forum/index.php after I did a make over for the site... so I've changed them all back to /forum/

now I have learnt something from this is CHECK your target URL's...

Mike :blush:

You could also check throughout your site for links to see where they point. If you have links pointing to both, you will effectively be splitting between the 2 any PR that ripples through your site.

Place this code into a file called .htaccess without any file extension
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
# index.php to /
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\ /.*index\.php\ HTTP/
RewriteRule ^(.*)index\.php$ /$1 [R=301,L]
and upload this into your folder called forum

Hi Bagi, thanks for help with this. I have tried your suggestion for the RewriteRule but this takes the request for forum/index.php back to the sites home page ROOT index.

What I need is for the request forum/index.php to send the user to /forum/ if this can be done. failing that should I change all the urls to point to /forum/index.php and wait for the next PR update ?

Your advice will be most welcome.

Mike :)

Sorry Mike I should have known that this will happen. Please place this code to the .htaccess can be found in the root folder where the main index file exists.
Code:
Redirect 301 /forum/index.php http://www.tradersreview.co.uk/forum/
This must work:)

MI
Back