The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Business/Taxes

alpacabob

affiliate
So I work at a law firm and I spend much of my day thinking about the rules. So as I got myself an EIN from the federal government and am planning on a 1099 form for 2009 (assuming I actually make money :p ). But as I was drawing out what I wanted my home page to look like, I put down a section for copyright. Then I realized, who do I copyright it to?

This is the long it's too late at night and in the week for me to be thinking about this way of asking specifically- do you need a local business to run an affiliate? I see all the posts about specific new rules that may be taking effect- but until all that legislation shakes down, what are we looking at? Should I file an LLC.

Wow- I am rambling. My question is really: do I need a business, a business license, or any to register with the county/city on the local level to run an affiliate site? I sort of thought the internet was enough of hazy answer that the answer was no, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks everyone!

You don't need to incorporate at all to be an affiliate. But in most states/counties I'm pretty sure you need a business license even if doing business as yourself (a sole proprietor).

As far as copyright I'd just do it as the site name and/or your personal name.
See mine at bottom of page, I use both.

Do you need a business license for each city you do business in or just one for where you are located? For instance if my customers come from San Diego, San Francisco and Miami, do I need 3 licenses and 2 state registrations?

MI
Back