The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Bounce Rate and SEO discuss

webrecsol

affiliate
hello,

I just saw someones post on bounce rate.

I've had a site that was in the 80s, and now that its SEO'd better its in the high 50's

It makes me nice money.

But I have some other sites that I am still working on getting rankings.

Likely they are getting long tail and random terms, so perhaps they are having higher bounce rates.

But these sites are in the *90*'s

How can I fix this?

And, more importantly,
how much does google bring this into the SEO factor?

Bounce rate is quite important factor in SEO this days, if you have less bounce rate, google assumes you site is good and actually provide the services relating to the keywords it has been sending you...and keep your well ranked for that keyword, it downgrades sites with high bounce rate.

You need to optimise your second site like you did you first site to lower you bounce rate.

I recently learned about bounce rate and its affect on rankings. Basically I canbackup what temi says, the higher the bounce rate, the lower in the rankings.

Practical things you can do to reduce bounce rates would be:

- provide plenty of internal hyperlinks;
- place clickable images in primary positions with irristable offers;
- actively manipulate bounce rates (ofcourse any behaviour has to appear normal);
- avoid irrelevant PPC keywords.

In fact avoiding PPC altogether seems to reduce bounce rates. That's my experience anyway. I can't think of any logical reason why a PPC visitor is any more likely to bounce than an organic visitor other than some kind of foul play by someone. Just my experience and I would like to hear other people's point of view on this.

banners
Back