The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Blog on web site or independent??

purplebear

affiliate
Not sure if my computer today or not but seems to be taking forever for it to do some things. Was gonna watch the blog video but it didn't appear so will come back for that another day.

Dummy question number one I guess....probably to be followed with quite a few dummy questions lol :) Got the brilliant idea to combine a newsletter with a blog (from another post) Had promised I was gonna do a blog this year and uhhh am quite a bit late...so guess here I go ready or not.:p

Question is...since I see something in the cpanel about a blog.....guessing that means I could have a blog on my site? I guess for seo purposes maybe, tho is it a better idea for me to have a blog on my site (attached or whatever) or should it be independent???? Am guessing whatever bloggy stuff out there is independent?? Told ya....I know absolutely nothin bout blogs other than I go and visit em and make comments to em at times.

ok, I know you'd be called bloggers but could you guys who blog also be called bloggies??:p lol:D

You can build the blog off your site, in a subdirectory like yoursite.com/blog

I've been doing that lately, making the blog just ONE part of my site and it works well. Your site is the static part but the blog is updated very regularly and you can link to parts of your site from your blog.

I have found that having a blog connected to a static website works great. The blog complements the website. Can link from blog posts to specific relevant pages on the static site and also link from static pages to posts.
:cool:

Hey there Darwin:) Thank you for your opinion, too:) Think I am gonna very much be leanin towards it bein connected, attached or whatever it is to my site. Somebody who uses the same type of cpanel I do assures me it's easy to add wordpress.....so we'll see. This person may end up with quite a few sos emails. lol :)

I started out asking one person, they didn't really have a preference so I've kinda been takin an informal poll and nobody seems to really feel there makes too big a difference. Since my host has it for my site, think that will seal my thinking.

It really is simple and easy Purplebear. Especially if you have Fantastico. I am technologically challenged but I managed on my own. Just click a button and fill in some admin data and viola you have a blog.

Many themes available too. Just download to your pc and ftp to your server. Then log in your blog and just a click and your theme is changed. Many free tutorials available to help throuch almost any process.

External blogs IMO are best used in the same manner as Squidoo or Hubpages. :cool:

"It really is simple and easy Purplebear. Especially if you have Fantastico. I am technologically challenged but I managed on my own. Just click a button and fill in some admin data and viola you have a blog."

Obviously, you don't know me very well.:p Yeap, have been told by somebody with the same cpanel that's what I'm to do. Ummm I was told at one time..don't touch anything. lol:) But...am told now, just a click will do it.

Still gonna try to learn what all to do in actually making a blog and still have a bit of I think I can, I think I can to do. lol :) but am gonna do it. My big thing is everybody keeps tellin me....oh you're a natural for a blog (uhhh a nice way of sayin I write long emails lol :) ) but there is a big difference between writing long blah, blahs and actually writing stuff that interests people:p but I'm slowly talkin myself into it. :) Don't have a choice. :p Made the mistake of tellin them I was gonna do it, so have to do what I said I was gonna do, ready or not. lol :)

Thanks everybody for your opinions, very much appreciated:)

MI
Back