The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Blog Money Making

slippysue

affiliate
I know this is a general question, but how long does anyone think it takes to make money with niche blogging? Bearing in mind, one has to build up traffic.
It all seems quite impossible to do anything in less than a year. But am I just a pessimist?

I would love to hear that some of you have done it in less time and find out what subject matter you used for your blog and how often you update them.

Thank you.

It really depends on what you're doing.

For example:

If you're monetizing a blog with adsense and building search engine traffic. Then yes, it could take a long time.

If you're selling your own products & services or collecting email subscribers and building traffic with PPC or media buying. Then your blog could start making money very quickly.

-

If you want to be a good blogger, then you must establish a brand name in blogging industry.
Money will only come, when you struggle to write good content.

Or you can create an Adsense blog/website,that could raise your success rate. Those are websites created only for making money, don't know though how successful they are indeed.:)

You have to continue posting unique content for a year+, before you can can start make money from your your blog. Some of the people will not buy thinks from a blog that is less than a year.

If your serious about making money from blogging, then your going to have to be blogging for 6-12 months before you see any real results, of course it's possible to see results within the first month of blogging, but that's of course much harder. It all depends on what your doing, how well it's working and if you scale up your method, if it's just organic traffic and income from adsense, you'll be looking at the 1-2 year range if you want some decent results.

It all depends on so many factors. How much time you're spending blogging, promoting, etc., whether you're investing in advertising, etc., what you consider to be 'making money' (are you meaning covering costs or turning it into a full time income?), etc.

If you are blogging because it is your passion (and you just happen to make some money as part of that process) then it is fine the way you are, and so just enjoy the extra pocket money. However, if you are blogging for dollars, then you need to apply the basic principles of business to assess how you are doing and if you should be in this business.

Is that Kringle as in R4R?

I had a blog and made $80 in one month. Then of course, Google AdSense banned my account for no apparent reason, but if that doesn't happen to you, then sure. You can make a lot of money in a short amount of time.

I think all you need is good content to start making money from your website. By good content, I am not talking about 100 or 200 word posts, but lengthy posts that cover everything on the subject. Writing these posts will take time but you should see good results after few months.

I disagree - it is better to have good informative short post, than a long philosophical one with a little useful info. However, if you write a long useful post - break it into parts, it will be easier to remember and you would make your visitors come back for some more o your mojo.
And a lot depends on a niche, I managed to get 300$ per month from my blog in two month time from starting it.

I know this is a general question, but how long does anyone think it takes to make money with niche blogging? Bearing in mind, one has to build up traffic.
It all seems quite impossible to do anything in less than a year. But am I just a pessimist?

It depends on your audience and the subject.

In my area of adult retail it's difficult. I have to tie it into adult material and that is already a saturated blogging market.
Our style of marketing is generally "new blog, market and promote it, move on, new blog..."
Unless you have a niche or a new take on it, it's hard to gain a steady returning audience.

Since I am now making a full time income from my blog, I decided that I needed to write about how to make money blogging

I think there is nothing is impossible but, you have give some time and hardworking. A lot of people earning great money from their sites. I have also a blog and i am getting some great outputs from that.

Are you selling a product or a service or something? Try doing giving some stuff away to established bloggers - they might mention your product on their blog, and thus their readers will know about your blog. I think that's what the Cambridge Satchel Company did and although it wasn't to drive traffic to their blog (they wanted to drive sales), it worked pretty well in getting the word out about their brand.

I think to get money from a blog takes a while. But to be able to earn a living from a blog...that takes even longer. Just keep posting content regularly and see how it goes. Good luck!

MI
Back