The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Big hello, and an intro to a tool I found today!

tclelek

affiliate
Hi all,

Finally jumping into this big affiliate marketing experience head first after too many months of reading!

Also thought I'd share a cool little online tool called "Kimono Labs". I haven't seen it on here yet, but I'm sure there are other tools like it.

- Kimono : Turn websites into structured APIs from your browser in seconds

It's basically a web scraper with a very easy-to-use interface. It simply lets you turn websites into structured API's from your web browser, and then lets you export the data out as a JSON, CSV or RSS.

It also has a number of other integrations including Google sheets.

To give you an example of how you can use it:

1. Give it a google search url,
2. Set Kimono up to scan the search results Ads,
3. Set the crawl up for hourly, daily, weekly or monthly,
4. Connect to a Google sheet for export.

I know there's a tonne of ad spying services out there, however this is an easy way to spy on your own keywords for free (Kimono basically lets you create unlimited api's for free).

Many more creative uses for this for sure. You'll just have to use your imagination!

I hope it comes in handy!

@tclelek - Welcome!

I second @AF-Roger 's suggestion re building a case study/follow along. It's always interesting to read and learn from new people.

Re Kimono, do you have to use a proxy for that?

Hello @tclelek , welcome to the AffiliateFix! Great to have you with us.

Finally jumping into this big affiliate marketing experience head first after too many months of reading!

Implementation is at least half of the learning curve.

Also thought I'd share a cool little online tool called "Kimono Labs". I haven't seen it on here yet, but I'm sure there are other tools like it.

- Kimono : Turn websites into structured APIs from your browser in seconds

Yeah, this has been helpful for a while. Certainly has loads of possibilities.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Hi all, thanks for the welcome!

@azgold I haven't looked too much into using a proxy with it.

In general, you don't need to use one, however if you want to scrape data that's specific to a location, it doesn't seem to support it (yet at least from what I can see).

It'll simply visit a URL that you provide it with, and scrape the specific data sections you've asked it to.

I guess this won't be necessarily useful if the data you're after is specific to a location e.g. scraping PPC ads for keywords in Australia.

I'll keep playing around with it in my spare time to see how you can really open it up!

Cheers!

MI
Back