propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Avoiding duplicate content issues

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by cesarcesar, Aug 11, 2009.

1. cesarcesar

cesarcesar Affiliate affiliate

I have a website that i want to clone and give a face lift. The sites are exactly the same content wise. I'm guessing i will get hit for duplicate content by google. How can i avoid this? Thanks.

2. babadorie

babadorie Affiliate affiliate

I believe if they have two different domains should be fine. There are several sites on the web with almost the same contents but different domain names.

3. articlemaster

articlemaster Affiliate affiliate

Yes domain will do something for that but what about content. They will again be considered duplicate.

4. babadorie

babadorie Affiliate affiliate

I have seen two web hosting sites with the same contents, but they are consider two different websites. So you should be fine.

5. karmadir

karmadir Affiliate affiliate

Same Contentwise

Same Contentwise can work, but do not copy one site content directly into another. That will be considered duplicacy.

6. surreypcsupport

surreypcsupport Affiliate affiliate

Use robots.txt to tell the search engine bots not to visit that site/part of the site.

7. richreason

richreason Affiliate affiliate

they are consider two different websites. So you should be fine.

8. zbastian_19

zbastian_19 Affiliate affiliate

I suggest not to duplicate your content. Google give more attention and love a unique than a duplicate. Best way is to add original content to it.

9. Frantic Fish

Frantic Fish Affiliate affiliate

If you have lots of links then you can rank duplicate content. Answers.com is basically Wikipedia with ads and they do fine. But it's harder to rank dupe content than original content.

Why would you want two identical sites? You'll have a tough time ranking both for the same terms if you face any sort of competition. I personally would take each site in a different direction to target different terms with different content.

10. snvservices

snvservices Affiliate affiliate

Hi,

Yes, I too agree with you as If you copy some content from other site then it may be not wise for your site.

So, very first thing to keep in mind to gain visitor's attention and also the trust of Google to rank in a good position, is to make and have unique content for your site, which matters allot.

Thanks!!

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed