The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Aviva directory is no longer showing in Google

I have a feeling that they may have been penalised by Google but then again like you say they may pop back up again.

I think Google have some new rules up their sleeves. The PR update is also around one month over due.

They seem to be listed in Google again, but no tanking high as they did before. I guess all should be ok by tommorow.

When I was typing their website address into Google earlier they were not appearing in Google at all. They are now, but they ranking has dropped.

Yes, Haabaa is affected as well. Its not one the first page for all the keywords it used to rank page 1 number 1 for even its own name 'haabaa' it does not rank number 1 for any more :(

New Google algo changes has affected all top directories for the worst :(

I think the reason behind this could be of the directories which are not seo friendly in their format and hence had to bear with the drop but they can regain their spot if they work on it in the meantime.

I think the reason behind this could be of the directories which are not seo friendly in their format and hence had to bear with the drop but they can regain their spot if they work on it in the meantime.

The opposite is actually true Mark. Google want directories NOT to be SEO friendly i.e. listing on directory should not pass PR to the listed link, they want nofollow added to listing on directories so that all the listing benefit from is traffic from the directory and not PR or ranking boost.

Yes, Haabaa is affected as well. Its not one the first page for all the keywords it used to rank page 1 number 1 for even its own name 'haabaa' it does not rank number 1 for any more :(

I'm sorry to hear this Temi:(

Why should you be sorry, you are not Google :) besides, this is the Internet and this is nothing new.
This can be expected. If you look back over the last 3-4 years, its the same pattern with Google, top directories are always PR0 ed eventually or removed from SERP or marked down in one form or the other.

Check out my post about Bluefind.com in this forum, you will see that I predicted this happening soon or late.

MI
Back