The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Artists don't buy products online..

Meanna Blog

affiliate
... do they??

I have been building an artist site with advice on for marketing themselves online. I've also just run a competition that built about 100 opt ins in 2 weeks.

Problem is that now i've started looking into affiliate marketing and I can't find anthing to sell...

Please help me know where to start, thank you.

Hi Meanna,

Well, I don't know much about what artists might buy ...

but, some ideas i would consider would perhaps be stuff about promoting online. You know, I'm sure some of them sell their works online, and some of them don't and would like to get into it but don't know how ... I'm sure there's some products around about that.

Just an idea. Good luck!

We have a DYNAMIC art affiliate program coming online with us in a couple weeks.
I guess artists probably would not want to buy art though... :p

I would suggest contacting the companies directly, such as a maker of paint brushes, and asking if they have an affiliate program you can participate in.

oh yes there are art supply companies with affiliate programs, I'm sure. Or if nothing else you can find some on Amazon or eBay and work through their affiliate programs.

Amazon has tons of art supplies, as does eBay. Both have decent affiliate programs, though not super high paying.

ETA: I see someone else beat me to that answer. What about art reproductions? Artists will be interested in art themselves as well as creating art. Art supplies aren't the only thing you can sell.

You might be able to catch there attention when they are purchasing supplies online(which I am sure some of them do). Offer your idea as a suggestion to them. Maybe they have never thought it possible to show there work online. If you provide a place for them to show there work, they will promote your site when trying to show other people there work. Then you can monetize the site in multiple ways, like adsense, and supplies as well.

It seems like you already had some ideas- and you already have something you are interested in. Now you need to just go with it. Artists are pretty much just people- heck, I consider myself an artist ( I just finished a charcoal piece of the Sydney Harbor) and I buy all kinds of things online. Do I buy "art" things? No. But it doesn't mean there aren't lots of routes you can take.

Artists need inspiration- you could offer that. Perhaps something like an artistic community? A forum? A blog? Just try and few things and see where it takes you. Think of it like the stream of consciousness - the virtual kind. This is how Hemingway wrote- basically the way it came out!

Best of luck.

We have a DYNAMIC art affiliate program coming online with us in a couple weeks.
I guess artists probably would not want to buy art though... :p

Beakerwriter said: "What about art reproductions? Artists will be interested in art themselves as well as creating art."

We just went live with almost everything an affiliate could want. High conversions, high average order,
unlimited cookies - 800# phone tracking - free shipping and a contest giving away a Mac Book Pro.
My White Walls

I'm not certain how good a fit selling art work to artists is. But since I mentioned it was coming,
I wanted to come back and let ya'll know. :)

banners
Back