The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Article format for SEO

jmk909er

affiliate
I am a little confused about article formatting for SEO. (Using Wordpress)

Is the article title considered the first h1 tag? If so then I should not use any h1 in the article body?

What about sub headings, should they be h2?
Sometimes h2 seems too large but is it better for SEO?

Is it OK to use h3-h6 or they diminish their SEO value as get higher?

Maybe there is some good guidance on this I can be directed to.

Thanks.

The contributions of H tags has decreased considerably in the past decade due to abuse.

The bottom line for questions like this one is always the same: Don't worry about writing for SEO. Write for human readers. In the end that will give you much better ranking and much better AM results.

The article title is not the same as the H1 tag. Both title and H1 tag should include your keyword. H2 and H3 are still good to use, but I do not know about 4-6. Maybe use them to organize your blog to be more readable. Remember when blogging, write for the reader and just keep those SEO techniques in mind.

Are you familiar with Traffic Travis SEO tool? I notice that if I put an h1 in the article body it says I have too many h1 tags. If I don't put any h1 tag in the article body it is recognizing the title as an h1. Not so sure that I trust Traffic Travis. Should you generally have an h1 in the body?

I don't trust ANY of the automated SEO utilities. Most are out of date and some were never IN date - they are just plain wrong.

And the worst part of that, as you are discovering, is that you end up wasting a lot of time worrying about things that don't matter.

Title should be with H1 tag and the other subtitles H2.. Bold the keyword you want to rank and that's all. Just get backlinks to it :)

Thanks all for sharing useful tips, I like to share few things such as don't put any anchor text or link in the body part, better to use it in author resource.

banners
Back