The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Are You Ruining Your Business With These Affiliate Donts?

yusra

affiliate
Not many realize that they’re making a huge mistake when doing these things on their affiliate marketing efforts...

1.) Not leaving a clear call to action on their email.
2.) Focusing only on high PR sites when linking even if the site is irrelevant to their niche.
3.) Not adding an estimate on how long their email reads on their email subject.
4.) Not adding images in their articles.
5.) Not creating their own website/blogsite for their business
6.) Not capturing their site’s visitors.
7.) Not giving away free QUALITY items in exchange for their visitors email.
8.) Not optimizing their website for SEO.
9.) Not marketing on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc…
10.) Spinning their articles and posting it on their blogsite again and again.

These are just some of the things that most marketers are doing to KILL their online business without even knowing it. Are guilty of any of these? How are you fairing on your online business now? DO share your ideas. I’ll eagerly wait for your reply. Cheers!

good list for any new affiliate as well as some older affiliates who need a brush up. I always think it is best to go back to basic every so often. I think a lot of affiliates make a huge mistake by engaging in spaghetti warfare; throwing anything and everything can against the wall to see what sticks. This only signals a lack of research or patience.

Some forums also instill bad habits into new affiliates and set them up for failure down the road. We have been trying to have affiliate summit meetups in Florida for this very reason...to help new affiliates right when they start. Not really designed for veterans.

As mentioned a couple times in your points, I think the biggest mistake is NOT doing more to capture the visitors information, usually the minimum being the email address. I know it's a mistake I've made for too many times for far too long.

Course on the same point, I see so many bad, even terrible opt-in sections, just amazing. And most are probably not even testing to improve the conversions.

I think another, VERY important point not listed, that should be, is testing and tweaking. It's something I am do so much more of because it's so important. Why not get the most from your hard-earned traffic.

Hi,

Regarding your list of mistakes most make below:

1.) Not leaving a clear call to action on their email.
2.) Focusing only on high PR sites when linking even if the site is irrelevant to their niche.
3.) Not adding an estimate on how long their email reads on their email subject.
4.) Not adding images in their articles.
5.) Not creating their own website/blogsite for their business
6.) Not capturing their site?s visitors.
7.) Not giving away free QUALITY items in exchange for their visitors email.
8.) Not optimizing their website for SEO.
9.) Not marketing on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc?
10.) Spinning their articles and posting it on their blogsite again and again.

Re #8 not optimizing for SEO mainly applies to blogs, etc, as SEO for squeeze pages has only limited benefits as Google doesn't like them.

Better to also have a blog with great related content which is updated frequently and points to the squeeze page so those who enjoy and return often to read more might consider clicking the link to go to your squeeze page? Also writing articles and so on linking to the squeeze page or the blog or both?:D

Also using many more ways to drive traffic. However a great post which we agree with and like.

Stephen & Jennifer.:cool:

banners
Back