The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Are Directory Backlinks Worth Having??

LinkHunter

affiliate
I am pretty big into directories and I see that suddenly after Q4, negative opinions are surfacing :bait: and I read a couple of threads in forums and I want to know your opinion on what directory backlinks do for you if you would care to share??

Are they worth having? :confused:

Hi,

Well for me, some of my customers (visitors) come from directories where I've submitted my link. Not a big traffic though, but still good for business.
Mostly, visitors come from ads and through natural researches.

Properly promoted and properly constructed directory will bring you extra traffic.
I saw visitors who came to my directory from the search engines for the search terms related to the sites listed here.
It means that my directory is ranking good for those terms and I will pass the traffic to the listed sites.

It is very important how you structure and maintain your directory

As long as the directory isn't blacklisted by Google, definitely worth having.

Most directories won't produce much traffic, but a link is a link.

I typically go for directories that have a high PR.

Geoserv

I am pretty big into directories and I see that suddenly after Q4, negative opinions are surfacing :bait: and I read a couple of threads in forums and I want to know your opinion on what directory backlinks do for you if you would care to share??

Are they worth having? :confused:

Well established & structured directory's are great for backlinks, i stay clear of buying & selling links so i only submit to free directorys

Well established & structured directory's are great for backlinks, i stay clear of buying & selling links so i only submit to free directorys

I agree totally and I do like directories myself!!

I will continue use them as they are a great source, I believe!!

MI
Back