The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Anyone have questions over Myspace stuff?

mikenewhouse

affiliate
If so, I'd love to help answer them. It's been the majority of what I've been testing since 2005. Ask away here - I'll do my best to answer them.

By the way, did anyone see the recent press release where Myspace stated they are trying to figure out how to allow a commercial platform where they can take a piece of advertising or sales dollars?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have quite a few questions.

First, do MySpace track IPs? I've seen people with over 1000 accounts created with the same IP. Surely they can detect this stuff?

Also, why is there a limit on the number of friends you can add in a day? If someone wants to sit all day and add friends where's the harm?

Everytime I go onto MySpace I encounter some form of error. And it's not my PC because I happens if i'm on my laptop, PC or at my mother-in-law's (which thankfully isn't very often). Is MySpace really so unstable?

There's a few questions anyway, I have more if you can answer these ;)

I'm sure Myspace does track IP's. After all, they track outgoing links from their site. They know what's going on. But what would be the difference between 1000 people checking their Myspace at an apartment complex computer that the apartment has set up for free or people checking it at a library?

They limit the number of friends you can add to decrease spamming. I believe you can currently add 500 people a day through Myspace, but I can assure you that this is going to through a flag and they'll be checking outgoing links, your photos, in addition to other things. It's to protect people from spam more than anything.

I'll respond to the error problem later - have to run

Anymore information you have, I would like to hear, because I use myspace myself.

I have had two accounts shut down, and it was very frustrating because I spent a long time adding the members.

Nowadays, I add people every now and then, and do not under any circumstances put hyperlink my website link in anyone's profiles, or as part of a bulletin.

(I think that is why I got shut down, as I didn't even understand the importance of backlinks when I did it)

When I do advertise my website via bulletin, I make sure not to hyperlink my web link.

It is a pretty decent source for traffic, especially if you have something niche.

I have heard of people creating a myspace for each of their sites is this worth doing? and is it against the rules?

if your reckless and add more then 100 friends a day they might delete you, just depends on how you use the site. slow and steady wins the race.

I've had horrible error problems with the site, too and now I'm reluctant to even log in just to avoid the frustration. Consequently, I haven't done much on there at all and am just not "getting it" regarding how it can help with affiliate marketing. If you can give any tips in that regard, would sure appreciate it. To me, right now, the site is a mess and when I do log in and on the rare occasions I haven't run into an error, I'm not even sure just what to do. I've looked at the groups, but they're often childish or spammy.

Guess in short, any suggestions or clues to how a person can "work" myspace would be great - and thanks much!

banners
Back