propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any one used Piwik - tracking?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by storytellingmedia, Jan 12, 2015.

1. storytellingmedia

storytellingmedia Affiliate affiliate

Yo how's it going guys?

HAd a quick question if any one had used Free Web Analytics Software before and if they like it of not?

Best

Thanks

2. crysper

crysper Moderator moderator Service Manager affiliate

Never used it, but I heard about it on a Mixergy interview. Looks legit, but I don't know/think is better than Google Analytics. There is a market for self-hosted solutions(those who don't want to have their tracking data on others servers), that's why it took of.

3. storytellingmedia

Appreciate that thanks, yeah thats why i'm going for it just because i prefer self hosted things know idea why guess i'm a bit of a control freak o_O

4. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

I have used it and it's a great tracker. The interface might not be as clean as Google Analytics, but it's equally powerful.
    Also, they have very nice apps to track you traffic for both Android and iOS.

storytellingmedia likes this.
  5. storytellingmedia

Awsome appreciate the feedback

6. danvin

danvin Affiliate affiliate

I have used it too. Long time ago, when I worked with organic traffic (doorways). Good tracker.

7. Tirade

Tirade Affiliate affiliate

I use Piwik on all of my sites and LOVE IT. Tons of features, information, graphics, plugins, and support for it. You get all the data you would from Google Analytics without having to hand over your data to Google. The only two problems I've run into with Piwik are:

1) Your host needs to set up stuff on their end to get Piwik working properly, so you're reliant on their technical support staff not sucking.

2) Very few people in the internet marketing have heard of or used Piwik (probably because it doesn't pay commissions). This can become problematic in situations where you need to prove your traffic stats to a potential advertiser or domain-buyer. Piwik does allow you to publicly share your traffic stats, but since nobody has heard of Piwik, they either don't trust it or don't want to be bothered learning something new. I keep StatCounter alongside Piwik on a few of my sites where I anticipate having to share traffic stats.

If you can clear these two hurdles, then using Piwik is SO WORTH IT. You really do get a ton of useful tracking information that other companies charge a bundle for, and it lets you avoid Google's prying eyes. Highly recommended.

8. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Affiliate affiliate

IMO Piwik is way easier to use and more powerful than GA. As well if you do SEO and do some link-buying you won't get affected.

9. storytellingmedia

Boss guys thanks,

Yeah i'm not worried about what people or advertisers say about my tracking system. Much appreciate your reply mate thanks.

Boss thanks

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed