The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

AM, Going To War Everyday.

Tom-berg

affiliate
Hi guys.
4 months ago I started AM and fell in love with it.
I’ve been studying and working non stop on being an affiliate and I already know big parts of the business. I do mostly sweepstakes SOI and pin submits. also playing with mobile content in general and trying lots of stuff.
I’m doing mostly pop traffic on Adcash, propellerads and display on go2moby, Adcash and Startapp.
I work with great tools. I track my campaigns with Voluum, using a great VPS, I use Affkit and Muse with my landing pages and creatives and I enjoy all of it very much, I even learn code in my free time.
Spending a lot of time on AffiliateFix, Was on STM and Mobile emersion also.
I even use Adplexity for a little research. I really want it to work for me and already spend around 1500$ in tools and campaign funding and still, can't make this profitable :(
I choose an offer, start promoting it, getting few conversions in the beginning but then it stops and all I can do is keep spending money on traffic but nothing.
I don't know what I'm doing wrong and starting to have a bad feeling about this.

What do you think? anyone in the same situation?

I'm a little lost here and ran out of ideas, please let me know what you think and feel free to tell your story.

Analyze your campaigns and what you're doing right now and to a really deep level. You need to be your #1 fan and your #1 hater at the same time if you want to have some kind of success.

You're the one that has the data to see where things go wrong.

Was my landing page awful? Idk let me see the CTR of the visitors.

Was my Targetting bad? Let me see if some tweaks make it work.

Why is nobody converting? Let me split test offers and to try another network to make sure.

This is the constant questions you need to be asking yourself and be fast about it. Also what portion of the $1500 was towards the campaign itself and not tools?

If it hasn't been profitable, I firstly would look at cutting back at the tools/expenses per month and find some cheaper alternatives..just for the time being

Thanks for replying guys.

The tools I'm currently paying for are very basic and necessary. (VPS, VPN, Tracker)
At the moment I'm running 3 offers, same geo with 3 landing pages in rotation on all of them.
It is an iPhone 7 sweeps, I built my landing pages myself, and they are influenced by some pages I found on adplexity, with all the good angles, good scripts and all.
in the last 4 months i tried maybe 25 different pages, even sent traffic to their owners because I didn't know how to look at the code. now I know. and still. CTR is now around 0.50%-1.00%.
I always start with the lowest bid until conversions stop, then I raise my bid a little bit and it burns thru my budget fast, I get maybe one more conversion and I stop the campaign.
These are my numbers, 3 offers split to 2 campaigns each (WIFI & Cellular).
I paid around 60$ for these stats. I'm not tracking expanses at the moment because it's CPM and I see no pattern.
a>

All that X20 is my Affiliate Marketing story so far.
7viTybb.png

Just a thought:
Can it be the ad networks themselves that are giving me the first conversions, so I'll spend more money on testing?

Last edited:
Have you been keeping up to date with your blacklisting and whitelisting? Sometimes I can blow through 100s of dollars with a campaign to get pitiful amounts of leads, but enough data to create an extensive blacklist, which can turn an unprofitable campaign into a profitable one, just a thought

I don't have enough data in most cases for black/white listing.
Most of the time I kill the campaign just based on my test budget rules.
Let's say that I have a sweeps offer with 2$ payout, i won't test for more then 50$ and I get maybe 0/1/2 conversions and this is just not enough data.

But what should I do? burn 200$ testing budget just for a 2$ payout offer?
And how many conversions is enough to start black/white listing?

I don't think there is a set answer to your question but you are right 2 or 3 leads is definitely not enough data, I have had campaigns myself run into the 100s of dollars mark with minimal leads, unfortunately it happens, and it could be one single factor out of a pool of many that can be the cause, but the first thing I would start with is the offer, usually I run smart link offers because then I know that even if one of the offers is a dud, as soon as the link realises that offer isn't converting it will start sending your traffic to one of the offers that have been converting. But this is just one aspect of your campaign, it could be an issue with a landing page, it could be the GEO you're targeting, for instance I can run a campaign in US and easily spend $1000 before I have enough data to start working with. But personally I would start with looking at the offer you are running. Hope this helps and good luck with it :)

MI
Back