The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

affiliate newbie

ceanunobi

affiliate
hello i'm actually a college student really interested in affilitate marketing and i would pls really appreciate it if someone tells me step by step what i should really do and how much money can one possibly make in this business.:)

Hi ceanunobi,

Welcome to 5 Star. Sorry but there really is no step-by-step anyone could type here. There are too many ways to start and there is no simple cookie cutter way to get started. There are some ebooks that each tell you one of the ways but sometimes they are filled with fluff and cost a lot.

How much you make is really variable too. The majority of affiliates make less than 1,000 a month. Some try for months and make 0. There are also those that make over 100,000 a month and you'll hear stories about how you can get rich in your underwear working 3 hours a day. That kind of money is rare and the affiliates making that much are spending $50,000 - 80,000 a month on advertising. It takes a lot of skill and a lot of money to make that much.

The best thing you can do to get started is to read all the stickies here in the newbie forum. You'll start to get a feel for how to get started, but then the RIGHT way to start depends on you. Your existing skills, the niche you pick, the way you want to market, etc. After you read the stickies ask questions if you have any.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

I just think it's great that you are considering affiliate marketing.
There are a lot of clues in this forum on how to go about setting up your own business

Just take things one step at a time
Remember it is a real business so it will need some wor and time to turn a profit
Good luck

The only other thing I would add is before trying a particular program, make sure you research it. There are some great programs out there that can really teach you how to make money online, but there are also a lot of programs out there that are scams or could be a way that could get you in trouble. Do your research, and you should do well.

Grady

Hiya and welcome, I am fairly new to this as well,but I have found the newbie forum has loads in there to help.
As for how much you need to get started do what I did beg,steel and borrow, but learn the basics of biulding your site, pick the right subject and take it one hurdle at a time.
Good luck if you decide to give it a go.

Whiskymac.

MI
Back