The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Marketing Successes and Failures

S

stubbs

Hey guys!

So my question is... How long did it take you to really settle in to affiliate marketing? Did you have prior failures? Did you have times that you wanted to give up? When did you realize that it was "for you" --

Thanks in advance!

Hi stubbs,

Thanks for starting the New Year off right with a great question.
Sundays, especially on Holiday weekends are pretty slow but hopefully
we'll get you some good answers in the next couple days.

Hey guys!

So my question is... How long did it take you to really settle in to affiliate marketing? Did you have prior failures? Did you have times that you wanted to give up? When did you realize that it was "for you" --

Thanks in advance!

I spent about six months learning the basics of affiliate marketing before I came up with the model that I wanted to pursue. Once I settled on that, it was another five months before I left my other job completely to do it full-time. A decision that I will never regret!

Affiliate marketing thrilled me right from the start. I saw the potential, devoured nearly everything I could get my hands on, and hit the ground running.

I've had a good many failures and expect more. But like Thomas Edison and so many others, I knew that each failure was just one step closer to success.

As soon as I saw a few checks roll in, resulting from doing what I love, I knew it was for me. I love it!

Hehe. Hi, Linda ;)

It all started with my first site, Romantic Oregon Coast Vacations.

From there, that started the ball rolling. I couldn't get enough. Hard to say anything more without some inadvertent self-promotion.

The main key to my success online is hard work, patience, and never, ever giving up, no matter what.

I also only promote things that a) I have used and b) I absolutely love and I know works. My reputation is on the line with everything I put out there and with all the scammers ripping people off, it's already an uphill battle to win someone's trust. I won't add to it by talking about something stupid.

I just started out in Afffiliate Marketing so I can't really answer this question. But I've heard of people who had to waste thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours until they got to where they are making loads of money. :)

As the above poster said, there are a lot of people who waste a ton of money because 1) there is simply too much info out there so they get bogged down by what to do or 2) they are looking for the wrong tools/info. Without enough time and patience, though, you can find what works for you. I think the most important thing to have in affiliate marketing isn't marketing skills or even SEO/PPC knowledge but the ability to fully commit to something. Success in affiliate marketing doesn't come overnight, so that's why a lot of people miss out.

banners
Back