The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Affiliate Marketing Question?

M

MSMarketing23

I'm new to affiliate marketing, and I had a thought. Is it legal to sign up for an affiliate marketing program, and then distribute the link/ads that they off to other people. Say I take those links, and give the to 15 blogs/sites to put up. Technically they arent my sites, but they don't mind the ads there.
This would make me the 2nd middle man between advertisers, and publishers. What i really want to know is, what would be the first step in me starting a business in which im the middle man between publishers and advertisers.

I know of a website you can google because im new called "REVBOOST" and that's exactly what they do, you see the offers available for publishers, now go search on google "elite profits" and you see the same featured offers....there must be some comany that offers AD packages. does anyone have any info on how I learn more infomation about this?

I don’t think it's not legal. It may be against the advertiser’s policy. I would check if I were you. It's seems to be a good idea but why would anyone want someone else’s ads on their blog if they get nothing out of it? You probably would have to create some kind of system for them to get incentives. Like maybe a backlink to their site if you have a good ranking website.

I don?t think it's not legal. It may be against the advertiser?s policy. I would check if I were you. It's seems to be a good idea but why would anyone want someone else?s ads on their blog if they get nothing out of it? You probably would have to create some kind of system for them to get incentives. Like maybe a backlink to their site if you have a good ranking website.

Your right, and that's what I was thinking, I believe I need an Ad Server in order to start this, now I just gotta figure out how to work an ad server with my own website.

MSMarketing23,

I think what you want to do is what thousands of companies already have. It's called starting your own affiliate network. There are thousands of CPA networks that do this. They get other network offers, they are the middleman and then they get other affiliates to run the offers and place the banners or links on their site.

It's a VERY tough business and very competitive and there is a lot more that goes into it than I think you realize. You can't just use an ad server. You would need affiliate network software that serves the ads and also tracks who made which sale. You'd also need to payout 90% of what you make to affiliates, which leaves pretty slim margins. You also would need software and systems to track compliance and fraud issues. Additionally you have to deal with things like the advertiser doesn't pay you but your affiliates still demand payment. Or the advertiser wants to sue you because of what one of your affiliates does. I could go on and on...

Knowing everything I know, if someone gave me 3 Million to start an affiliate network I still wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. If you are new to affiliate marketing I think there would be WAY too many hurtles to overcome. Not trying to be negative, just sharing some realities. :eek:

I think it's one of those business ideas that looks so easy and smart from the outside, but once you get to know everything that's required you realize it's MUCH harder than it looks.

I looked at your site on Revboost, and it's a CPA (cost-per-action) network. This type of affiliate program is very popular, but also very competitive.

It appeals to newbies because it seems like all you have to do is get people to sign up and you get money, but from my experience with trying out CPA networks, you're already expected to know how to market.

They will ask you questions like how many people come to your website, what are all the different methods you use. CPA networks will tend to call you in person to ensure you're not a scammer.

Sometimes you won't hear from the network for weeks. If you don't answer the phone, they don't think you're that serious.

If you do get a significant number of targeted visitors to your site, then CPA would be something great to get into, but if you're still learning the ropes, it's best to start with a foundation first.

Thanks for that info, that was helpful, Im currently starting a blog and working from there. I'm hoping to learn a way to drive lots of traffic, if i get the results that i need, then i will try to connect a cpa network that would like to affiliate with me by giving me ADS that i can give to other bloggers/website owners. Do you know of any companies that I can approach that would like to affiliate with me as an ad network and not ad a Blogger/website owner?

You may want to star with ad revenue sites like Google Adsense, Adbrite, Kontera, Chitika or Bidvertiser.

These are ad revenue sites that operate on a pay-per-click basis. So it's not the fast cash money like CPA, but it's another form of revenue.

I say concentrate first on the content in your blog. Get traffic flowing to it and readers. Then worry about monetization.

Because with traffic coming to your site, you could put an opt-in list on your site and have people sign up to your newsletter list. In the long-run, you could make greater sales this way.

I agree with quintilla. If you are new to the industry, you may want to get your feet wet as an affiliate first to understand what it takes to build a site and develop consistent traffic before you take the giant leap into becoming a network.

As Linda mentioned, the tracking and work that must be done is very comprehensive and difficult, but with experience as an affiliate, you will be able to see how networks operate and different strategies that are taken in different situations.

Things like this take time, but the experience is invaluable for you - regardless of what you end up doing later.

I've learned I cant jump straight in. so what i have done, is created a blog network, where i host blogs, and they come with their own ads (by me and the company i sign up with). i would like to know the best way i can increase traffic to my blog network website, as well as to my blogs. What are the best programs to invest in, where are the best places i can start marketing the blog network and those other blogs online? i have a twitter, youtube, facebook. are there blog directories i can sign my blogs up under, ect? Thanks for the Help, Much Appreciated.

One of the best ways to get traffic is with organic rankings (this means you get ranked without paying anything to be ranked) in Google and other search engines. One of the ways to rank well in Google is to have quality backlinks. To get fast quality backlinks you can do a search string like this “keywordluv” + your niche here”. You will then get other blogs that are related to you niche. Then read the articles and make quality comments. These sites will have a Wordpress plug-in called Keywordluv. What this plug-in does is it lets you add any anchored text pointing to your website. In the section were you put your name in the comment form you put your name in like this “ John@YourKeyWord”. If you keyword for your website is dog training do it like this "John@Dog Training. The link will look like this John at "Dog Training". The Dog Training text will be your anchor text and also a link pointing to your website!

It is an awesome way to get good backlinks. If you want to market the blog, just create a squido lens or an enzinearticle talking about your blog, and how it may help others. Then put a link to the blog, you want to promote in the text or at the bottom.

If you are serious about ranking high in Google the best program to invest in is Commission Ritual. It is the best dam program I have ever invested in by far. It shows you so many trick like above it will make your head spin. The link is below in my signature or you can do a search on Google for it.

MI
Back