The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Affiliate Marketing 2.0 By Shawn Collins

StephenR

affiliate
I read a great article on the past, present and future of affiliate marketing by Shawn Collins over on iMedia Connection today. Shawn covers a gamut of areas that have progressed and developed since affiliate marketing first spread it's e-wings in 1996.

I particularly targeted in on his section covering, "Communication, not community, is king." Shawn goes on to state:
As forum content quality and participation have waned, affiliate marketing blogs have been promulgated by affiliate marketing leaders as the de rigueur affiliate program component.

Not only do the blogs enable an affiliate manager to have better control over the conversation, in order to curtail the ad hominem statements and misinformation that thrive on the forums, but blogs also afford a more efficient means to reach the affiliates: RSS feeds.
I could not agree with him more. About the only forum I regularly visit nowadays is this forum. However, there are a number of great niche affiliate marketing blogs on the web that I review daily through RSS (another hot topic covered in the article).

Do yourself a favor and review the whole article, "Affiliate Marketing 2.0" here.

Hey Stephen,

Great overview and great find. I missed the article cuz I was gone so I'm glad you pointed it out. I plan to blog about it on Monday unless some new hot story comes up I need to cover 1st.

Thanks for posting!

What do the rest of you think about Shawns AM 2.0 story???

banners
Back