The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advice when starting a new venture

xploit

I used to be quite keen on incentive marketing and became a forum moderator on a popular forum that had some network reps on it too. Problem is, someone bought that forum, didnt do much with it and has now taken it offline.

I know the forum was purely incentive marketing but there was keen interest in other aspects of affiliate marketing and SEO too, so I thought I'd try and setup a new forum with all these areas.

Question is, when creating a brand new forum, how would you promote it?

My idea is to create a couple of different personas on there and start posting some high quality tutorials / guides etc, then share those across Facebook and Twitter - is this something youd recommend?

Will also be trying to get a successful low cpc facebook ad setup - any tips on lowering cost of clicks?

Focus on one thing, don't spread yourself too thin.

Why do you want to start up a forum in the first place? Is it something you enjoy doing?

Also, what makes your forum different from all the other ones out there? You really need to standout. You need real, active engaged users. Having multiple personas and content is great, but you need more than just yourself and the content has to be stellar.

As for getting a low cpc on fb - there are several components to this and it depends on how large your audience size is. Your image and targeting are key.

Reason for starting this forum is because the previous forum which is now offline had a great community and I wanted to provide a place for people to come and get together again. As a moderator previously I know there were certain features they wanted, now as site admin I can provide those things :)

Also the one main freebie site is now linking to my new forum so hope to get sign ups from there - in the process of creating unique useful content before really pushing the forum :) Will also allow users to donate and become VIP and get even better unique content (like the dojo)

Sounds interesting... Love to see your future forum site.

If you have list of your friends in your old forum, You might want to use the email marketing. Or,
If you are connected with them via Facebook, Go for it. Just do targeted audience for better results and low costs.

MI
Back