The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Advice on boosting conversions on bing ppc

burningb

I have a campaign that pretty much breaks even on bing ads. However, despite my best efforst I'm struggling to optimise and scale it. Any advice form any ppc gurus out there?

Need a lot more data!

Direct links or landing page?

Contextual or banner?

Are you using Day Parting and Partner Blocking?

What tracker are you using?

What vertical?

Are you split testing ads, banners, landers, offers, etc.?

jeez tj, its a search ad in the gaming niche. Direct linking, split testing ads and have attempted to split the direct offer with a landing page but my tracking skills arent up to much. Still leanring. Using day parting, wasnt aware of partner blocking...

jeez tj, its a search ad in the gaming niche. Direct linking, split testing ads and have attempted to split the direct offer with a landing page but my tracking skills arent up to much. Still leanring. Using day parting, wasnt aware of partner blocking...

Okay, so split testing everything is always necessary and becoming a tracker expert is necessary. The tracker you use must become your best friend. In this case, I am sure that data from your tracker will tell you how, when, and where the tweaks are that will push you from breaking even to earning a good ROI.

Partner blocking is not always available from some traffic sources, you need to ask you traffic manager sometimes if it is available and have them enable it. It allows you to filter out the non converting traffic from bots. Bots are a huge portion of most all traffic and we have to eliminate them from our traffic at the source when we are able.

I am fairly certain that most everyone will agree that split testing several landing pages (professionally built0 may prove to be advantageous and help to push your ROI up quite a bit.

Get a great tracker and make it your best friend! You are doing great, you just need to tweak things a bit!

Thanks for your advice tj. Quick question though - as optimising is pretty much scaling down; getting rid of things with low ctr, getting rid of days/times that are working etc etc - how do you manage to scale when optimising is scaling down is what im trying to say i guess?
ps- who would you recommend for landers and what sort of cash are we talking?

Thanks for your advice tj. Quick question though - as optimising is pretty much scaling down; getting rid of things with low ctr, getting rid of days/times that are working etc etc - how do you manage to scale when optimising is scaling down is what im trying to say i guess?

Tweaking (refining) is eliminating anything not producing and scaling is increasing the traffic and exposure to your offer(s) once you have the campaign(s) tweaked. In other words, once you have all the refinements done and the offers(s) are converting well, then you increase your budget and spend as much as is feasible and responsible to get as much out of the campaign(s) as possible until they stop producing a positive ROI.

ps- who would you recommend for landers and what sort of cash are we talking?

If you want a kick ass set of landers, then I recommend the Landing Page Guys. If you are on a small budget, then Freelancer, UpWork, and Fiverr will do. It is important to research landers already producing with the offer(s) you are promoting and make new versions that are better. Split est at least three versions of the same lander. You will begin to learn that there are small differences in your ads and landers that make big differences in your conversions.

Last edited:
MI
Back