The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Adding Content to Website Vs. Adding Content to "Content Farms"

bigcat1967

Before Panda rolled out - I used to put all my articles on Hubpages and EZA in order to get a decent backlink. However, since the above have been classified as content farms and I doubt the backlinks from the articles aren't worth a nickle - I have decided on whatever articles I write, instead of throwing them on article directories or web 2.0 properties - putting them on my own website in order for it to expand.

Maybe I should have done this before anyway. Any disagreements? If so - I'm open to suggestions.

Side note: I will still put articles on these directories AFTER Google indexes my articles that reside on my own site. This is just to get referral traffic.

Before Panda rolled out - I used to put all my articles on Hubpages and EZA in order to get a decent backlink. However, since the above have been classified as content farms and I doubt the backlinks from the articles aren't worth a nickle - I have decided on whatever articles I write, instead of throwing them on article directories or web 2.0 properties - putting them on my own website in order for it to expand.

That would be my recommendation.

I always put any content I create or won on my own site or sites first, and then any secondary sites (article sites, web 2.0. etc. second. I usually wait for Google to crawl and index the content on my site before pushing it to any other location.

Content is king IMO. Add fresh, new, original, and informative content to your site with some internal links using keyword specific anchortext on a regular basis. This will drive traffic.

BUT I also think it is important to submit articles. I used to submit articles with article syndication services. But I am changing my strategy to submit only one article manually to one of 10 authority article directories. Articles will only show on one of these sites as original content. It will take more time, money, and effort to get lots of links but IMO quality is getting more important. It is hard to rank by spamming. Google is getting smarter. What is the consensus about this strategy?

Thanks for the advice!

Side note: I will still put articles on these directories AFTER Google indexes my articles that reside on my own site. This is just to get referral traffic.

Won't you have to do rewrites of those articles that have been published before the better article directories will accept them?

MI
Back