The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

A Conjugal Journal

migenzie

affiliate
Had to laugh at the title - either that or Confessions of Newbie Affiliate Marketers (but that didn't quite capture us as we have nothing more to confess outside the fact that we ARE newbs!)

That aside - hey everyone! We are new here and made our introductions last week with great advise from @tjtutor on getting started :)

As a next step, we are beginning a journal to keep tabs on the things we do - so get ready for our collection of:
  • OMGWTFBBQ please kill me moments
  • Hakuna Matata moments
  • I wish I had a brain moments
  • by George I think she's got it moments
and everything in between ;)

We don't expect this to be easy - and that's OK! We want to learn and understand so we can improve and succeed. Perhaps even build some great relationships along the way!

We hope you will be able to follow us, learn (if that's even possible), share your thoughts, insights, tips and recommendations as we discover the ins and outs of affiliate marketing :cool:

Thanks ahead for all your support and having us in the community!

We look forward to making some money! :D

Hi guys,

This is our checklist and how we have progressed so far:

Ad Network (listed here as well for approval assistance)
Peerfly - applied; pending response for approval
Matomy - applied; pending response for approval

Traffic Source
AdMob - is this a good choice for starters? Surprisingly, it was just a matter of signing up to get an account.
ZeroPark - came across this from one of @LukePeerFly's posts. Signed up as a referral.

Vertical
Mobile - Entertainment

Tracker
Voluum

Server
BlueHost as we already use it for personal stuff so it wasn't difficult to decide to subscribe to their VPS, too.

Schedule for Work & for Learning
Weekdays, we spend our free time studying as we still keep 9-5 jobs.
Weekends, we dedicate to 'actioning' objectives (like today we signed up for the above traffic sources and ad networks)

Budget
Outside of fixed expenses (VPS, Tracker, etc) - we are comfortable with a monthly spend of $100 while we are still figuring all this out.

Will continue posting updates as we progress :)

Last edited:
You guys are right on track! Keep this going. There is just one alteration I would suggest and that is your budget. This is always the tough one for many. Do what you can to increase this significantly, while staying within your means. If you can't, it just means an extended time table. The sooner you get that budget to a much larger number, the faster his will all come together for you.

Budget aside, you are nailing it. Please keep us in the know so we can contribute.

You humor demonstrates thinking outside the box and a willingness to share with intimacy. This shows me that writing copy is going to come easy to you. Angles, hooks, pattern interrupts, and such, may be an area of study for you to look into a bit. You have the knack. There is plenty of good free info out there on this material. The artistic copy writer has a great quality of getting the attention of a prospect, leading them to a decision, and influencing them to follow through as you wish. All in just a few seconds and with few words. Especially important in mobile.

Thanks for the entertainment and the progress update! Lookin' Great Guys!

T J

PS: Some copy writing authors:
Dan Kennedy
John Carlton
Azem Meo
Joe Vitale
Mark Joyner
Joe Sugarman

There are more, but this will get you started. Remember, angle + hook + pattern interrupt = client/customer. My early estimate is you have a hidden knack for this part of career. Looking forward to your other hidden talents.

Hey @tjtutor!

Happy to know that you are following our progress! It's like having a big brother check in every now and then. *feeling loved* :)

So we took another look at the Budget and we can spend $300 a month - derived it from a daily spend of $10. Should a larger allocation be required, do let us know. Not having done this before, we are being conservative (aka clueless) and are struggling with this forecast (aka pulling numbers out of our asses). A ballpark finger would be extremely helpful!

We haven't much else to update on other than:
  • We failed our first network application. Matomy did not think we were ready for their jelly. No arguments here - forgot that this thread was almost named Confessions of Newbie Affiliate Marketers :p
  • We are moving on. Futhermobi is next on our list of networks of interest so we applied as soon as we learned about Matomy. Added it to the designated thread for assistance.
On a lighter note:
  • Re: copywriting - Thank you for shedding light on a skill we can hone and use in the business! We are pleasantly surprised to know that we won't be needing a budget for it! :D
No news from Peerfly or ZeroPark yet (it's the weekend after all) but we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be able to secure at least 2 network accounts and a traffic source by the end of this week. This way, we can still be on schedule to start setting up once April arrives.

P.S. It's our anniversary - good vibes all around! :cool:

Last edited:
What a downer - we failed our Futhermobi application :eek:
  • Your affiliate account has been rejected. Ouch!
It would certainly be helpful to know why we were rejected (other than being n00b). How else can we know what they are looking for or even how to improve? :) Knowing is half the battle! Rawr! *game face*

Starting to wonder if the networks we are applying to are for advanced marketers. YeahMobi seems like a great network to affiliate with but several threads reference their preference for seasoned marketers so we've decided to apply another time, when we manage to have more experience under our belts :)

Anyway! Next on the chopping block is ClickDealer. Let's see how it turns out while waiting for a response from PF and ZP :)

Until our next entry! Have a productive day! :cool:

Pleased to let you know that we have locked in our traffic source! Still working on the network - keep posted! :D

Hey @tjtutor!

Happy to know that you are following our progress! It's like having a big brother check in every now and then. *feeling loved*

KEEP GOING KEEP GOING KEEP GOING!

So we took another look at the Budget and we can spend $300 a month - derived it from a daily spend of $10. Should a larger allocation be required, do let us know. Not having done this before, we are being conservative (aka clueless) and are struggling with this forecast (aka pulling numbers out of our asses). A ballpark finger would be extremely helpful!

Conservative is fine, but I am not sure $10 a day will cut it. Maybe, you could do $20 every other day and get more reliable data from your tracker I think. Much depends on the traffic source you're starting with.

P.S. It's our anniversary - good vibes all around! :cool:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

banners
Back