The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

#2 on Yahoo in under a 2 weeks

999affiliates

affiliate
I just ran a yahoo search and a brand new site of mine hit #2 under a 2 word niche in under 2 weeks. The site was registered last Saturday so I think that is a good turn around. The only problem is I made a full site which is 10% complete. I better get moving on it now!!

I'm still working on google it seems like they are a bit slower than yahoo

A bit slower is a major understatement. Try a year.

In my experience Google almost tries on purpose to be opposite from Yahoo!. Whenever you are ranking high in Y! you will not rank in Google. Then a year later and Y! will drop you hard and you'll pick up in Google.

well I am 13th in google for the same 2 keyword combo. but on variations of the keywords which I'm raking front page with yahoo, I can't find on google.

Get some support befor you fall

There seems to be a situation where you can get a good placement for a new site, but it quickly drops unless you start getting good inbound links.
I had the situation where one of my new sites went into both google and Yahoo at No.2 for the same specific search term. I refreshed the search and I could see my site dropping before my very eyes within google yahoo took a few days to drop.

when we jump we stay in the air, without anything to support us we quickly drop. my advice get links into your site with your target keyword as your anchor text, to be the support to keep your site up there:D

when we jump we stay in the air, without anything to support us we quickly drop. my advice get links into your site with your target keyword as your anchor text, to be the support to keep your site up there:D

Amen to that! I saw my site plummet in the two weeks since I've had my surgery, but I'm not worried, because I'm doing a complete re-do of the site, so I'm starting over anyway, and this way, it will already have a lot of incoming links off the bat!

still ranked....
#1 on my main keyword and first page on my second and third.
With google I am on the second page and climbing with my other words.

The Y/Google insanity is almost making me bonkers myself. I did start a new ad up and its shown help but I still see Y! and Google both crawl all over my site, I just don't see the results for Y right now so I guess I am going to wait a year. :D

Had a similar experience but with the G not sure how it happened because there were no back links pointing to it only some visitor tracking code installed i thought that may have caused it.

It certainly makes you pull your finger out and get working on it though when it unexpectedly shows up in search results.

what do you mean by "blog"?

Buidling blogs around the topic? Posting on other people's blogs? Blog comments?

well I am 13th in google for the same 2 keyword combo. but on variations of the keywords which I'm raking front page with yahoo, I can't find on google.

for the reason that there are pretty many of competitors racing to have the first rank... when it comes to google there is somewhat a tough competition...

Congratulations. It's always a great feeling when a new site gets off to a banging start. It just makes you want to work that much harder!

banners
Back