Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

100 Ways To Get More Traffic To Your Website

D

djbaxter

100 Ways To Get More Traffic To Your Website
by Daniel Scocco
July 27, 2010

I had seen a couple of similar lists around the web, but most of them contained only a single sentence per item, and most items were not directly related to generating traffic at all.
That is why I decided to write my own list. I made sure only to include points that are really going to increase your traffic (even if just slightly), and I also explained each point and included links to relevant resources where suitable.
The result is a monster post with almost 6,000 words. Here is a quote:
30. Launch a review contest. If you want to increase your search rankings you could launch a contest where people need to write about the content in order to get an entry. The links you?ll get will send you both Google juice and new visitors. Keep in mind that you need a good prize to motivate people to write about your contest though.
31. Launch a voting contest. You basically need to create a contest where the winner will be picked with a voting session. Suppose you have a fitness website. You could invite your readers to submit their best fitness tip, and then a voting session would decide which tip gets the prize. This would motivate participants to link to the voting session and to encourage their friends to visit your website and vote.
32. Launch a traffic contest. If traffic is what you want, why not be direct about it? You can launch a contest where people need to send traffic to one particular page inside your website. It could be the contest page (for a viral effect) or a resource page (e.g., a page where you give away an ebook). After the established time frame (e.g., 2 weeks, 1 month or anything else), you?ll simply need to check your web analytics to see which websites sent you more visitors, and then award the prizes.

Read more...

If a person were to implement all 100 tips to their site surely they will see a good effect. I especially like the website contest idea, contests are highly desired by traffic especially if there's a decent prize involved.

That's a great list. If you took only 10/15 of those ideas and implemented them religiously you'd see a massive jump in traffic.

Thats a really great article

I have tried many ways of getting traffic, some successful and some not so successful, but to get a comprehensive list like this is worth it's weight in gold

Thanks a lot

It realy is a matter of try and see

Something like linking will work for all niches, but every niche is different.

I have nothing in this niche so I cant compare

I suggest you selct one that looks good for you and try it out

If it fails, try try again. For every winner expect several failures

Good Luck

@seleyna why don't you write a good article about the 10 worst financial disasters in the history of mankind. I'd read it and if it's good enough I'd link to it as well, Stumble it and Tweet it :)

banners
Back