The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

YouTube requires Google login now?

Jessi

affiliate
So I saw it mentioned on another thread that YouTube is full of trolls....which well, has always been true.

With the Google buyout, however, and the integration of Google logins/G+ requirements, do you think it has made it better? You can no longer post anonymously since G+ requires a real name to be used instead of simply usernames. it doesn't cut down on all of it, of course, but has it helped clean the site up?

It does help, but you can actually create separate Google account with ease. So someone might still log in using their trolling account to "pollute" the place without others finding out who they truly are. But I think getting used to them might be a better option, because let's face it, it will only encourage trolling if you reply to them, because that means they have succeed in getting you "hooked" to their bait. Ignoring them is the best punishment for them.

I think some of the trolls are gone. Some still continue. On the several Videos I see each day on YouTube (specially hindi songs, movies and tele serial episodes) I do find - many still continue with much abusive language, some continue posting adverts kind of comments no way related to either the video or the response to which they comment. I also find some putting down their phone numbers (or maybe someone else's), even emails are out on some.

I think the community still needs to grow mentally. And as long as that doesnt happen, comments, responses and trolls cannot be kept away specially on such a site where millions of users are online each minute.

I think it is now much better, People were abusing the commenting system of Youtube. At least now when you post a comment you check what you re really posting as people know who you are. But you can always use a fake name.

MI
Back