The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Your Advice Please

TommyG

affiliate
Hi, i have recently finished my first live web site and it is not doing so well.

If any of you more experienced guys get the chance to have a look and see if i am doing anything wrong or where i could be doing better i would very much like to hear what you have to say.

I have no real training and so i only know what i have read and heard so i think i must be making a few mistakes.

Anyway please dont pull any punches, I won't be offended.

the link is:

www^three-mobile-phones^com

WITHOUT THE SPACES. it wont let me post a link properly yet

I will be out all weekend so i'll catch you all on monday

Cheers and have a good weekend.

Cheers you two.

lala, i will look in to that NOW!
I am always gratful for any advice, I'm sure as you know when you have been staring at something for hours on end you tend to miss the most obvious things, I do any way

Are you talking about the "All Handsets" page where there is rows of 2 phones side by side with a brief description ?

Also Temi,
It's intresting you should say that. I am having a few problems. I have my own tracking in place but it only tracks the users from the moment they enter the site to the moment they leave.
Three wont let me put tracking on their site so all i know is where they came from, what pages they viewed and which links they exited on.
All the sales are done on the Main Three site and i am relying on Three and Buy.at to be honest in reporting the sales i am responsible for.

The problem i am having is a very low conversion rate from both people visiting the site to sales and also people clicking through to three and sales.
I have spoke to the guy responsible for tracking on behalf of Buy.at and he reasures me that all my links are being tracked and the sales reported but i am not so sure.

Do you know if it is possible for them to be swindleing me out of my commissions or am i genuinly not having much luck?

Tommy,

I would suggest to include the width and height attributes on any pic. That will make it much easier to view your pages. Good luck:D

lala

BTW You might have already changed a bit as the pages did not jump when I had a glance...

Yep,
I changed the major ones on the detail pages (handset pics and Home page etc)

Cheers lala, I generaly build for Firefox and then change it to work in IE as well rather than the other way round.

Do you have any idea how i can improve the ranking of the site in the engines ?

I have submitted a sitemap but i think that one thing that is not helping is the fact that it is all database driven.

I have rewritten all the URLs so it appears to be html but infact it is all one page (default.asp) with a number of includes for specific things.

Also all the outbound links are redirects from my tracking page.

In the Google webmaster tools it appears that there is no links being recognised even though it has been partially spidered ?

I think after understanding your business idea your domain is excellent so you have really nice chance to gain high rankings one day. As I see your have hardly have any backlinks. Submitting sitemap can be a good way to get indexed your site properly but you can increase the speed of this process by gathering backlink from content relevant trusted sites. After you select the desired keyphrases use them as anchor text and you will see the results soon.
Good luck!

banners
Back