The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo to buy Tumblr for 1.1 Billion!

It just shows the real potential in owning web properties
That was also my thought when I saw the headline.

What's inside there for a huge potential.

And thinking ahead for the next 10 to 20 years - boundless ...

So, let's get down to work :)

not sure how lucky he was. find a need and fill it. The needs will arise more as time goes on. Sometimes when people think its a crazy idea, you have to think your on to something

The guys at Tumblr made a good move selling it off to Yahoo. Imagine the opportunity that will be available now. All that traffic now available to affiliates looking to generate traffic to their campaigns!

It will definitely be a gold mine, especially if they create their own self-serve propriety advertising platform made specifically for Tumblr.

Care to share.....?

All I mean is that most people only focus on building up a Twitter and a Facebook for their sites but completely overlook Tumblr.

The thing about Tumblr though is that it's extremely viral and a decent Tumblr account with lots of followers can often be more viral and bring in more traffic then your facebook and twitter combined.

Especially if your site is in a niche that will appeal to to the 'young cool kids crowd' (for lack of a better term lol). For example you might not be able to get a lot of traction for a site about marketing or coding or whatever but if you have a site about something like fashion or celebrities it can do very well.

Lots of people think of tumblr as just a place to build a free blog but it's actually more of a social networking site and it is HUGE. In fact according to Alexa.com is the 31st most visited site in the world.

Furthermore it's incredible for SEO because all links are dofollow and you can actually include your anchor texts into your links which is something which you can't do on almost any other social network.

I like the new Yahoo CEO, that girl makes things move.

Don't know how good was this acquisition for them but she put yahoo back into spotlight.

Oh, and that 26 CEO, got only 200-300 mill from the deal :)

I like the new Yahoo CEO, that girl makes things move.

Don't know how good was this acquisition for them but she put yahoo back into spotlight.

Oh, and that 26 CEO, got only 200-300 mill from the deal :)

The 26 CEO earned 200-300 millions before the deal with Yahoo... That was the revenue from tumblr alone!

Saw some pictures of him the other day since the sale, all suited and booted and partying with Diddy - ha, playa!

The only thing I still don't get about Tumblr is why you can't search for multiple tags? That would make search results so much more accurate. I just saw that the Tumblr iOS app has just started supporting searching for tags and I was wondering if they ever plan on implementing multiple tag search..

banners
Back