The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo Ranking

Lovely

affiliate
Hi gents,

Please what are the best ways to get good rank in yahoo search engine?

Does Backlink importance in yahoo, as it is the case in Google or on page optimization is still the best ways to get high rank in yahoo.

Cheers

I would say on page optimaztion is treated higher than backlinks. It is also much easier to obtain rankings with yahoo or msn than it is Google. Yahoo also will pick up back links faster than Google. But then Google prioritizes their back links in a much different way. It's always best to work on both.

Optimise your page as usual and rest will fall into place.

Yahoo! does have a higher tolerance level for keyword density. but just optimise your page for G and you'll rank in Google.

KP

Of course it's not.

Sorry, but that is total crap. I have never heard rubbish like "You don't need back link to rank" lol.

You might be right, but you wouldn't rank anywhere in the top 10.

KP

Well I haven't said for all keywords, but yes to be say for some keywords, thats all true....

I just don't post to make my postes increase.

Thanks

Well of course, anyone can write an article and rank for some obscure word or keyword with low search volume.

I think the OP wanted to know how to rank well in Yahoo!, not at number 500.

KP

Coming back to topic, Yahoo ranking is easy as compared to G! that said the results are so unpredictable!

They seem to put higher weightage on the url for my sites than for the title tags & correct anchor text!

Then my sites as mostly flash based so they are not that reliable, i think!

So you saying I could get a site ranked in Yahoo! just by on-page optimisation with no back links what so ever?

Yep and google too, admitidly not for an amazingly busy catagory but, the site is currus, as far as I am aware there are 0 links to or from the site, (none i have ever done anyway), 4 years # 1 parachute hardware.

parachute hardware - Google Search=

Pah to yer backlinks ;-)
(before I get flamed only jokin....)

Ok, fine, I'll accept that you can rank high in Yahoo! and Google BUT and this is where my argument is....

NOT for a real keyword. I rank number 1 on every single search engine for Complete SEO I think, but that's not a keyword, anyone could write an article a with Complete SEO as the title and the right KD and correct internal link structure.

It's not hard.

Now lets go and see if we can do that with a competitive keyword.

KP

I do the same method for yahoo and google and ranked at both. The only thing I noticed is that in yahoo it takes time, longer than google...

I'd be very interested in the answer to this as well. We rank very well in Google (top 10) and get very good traffic from google (approx 85% of our total traffic) - yet we only get 1 or 2 hits per day from yahoo and MSN combined.

If anyone has any advice pls PM me.

Dale

Kingpin, I disagree. A site that is optimized well and is submitted to yahoo will rank well on yahoo. the same strategy does not work for google. msn is again different.

I am #1 in every search engine also for very competitive keywords. You are right that if a keyword is very common, it will be more difficult to get #1, but it is possible.

Backlinks are relevant for yahoo as well as Google .The weightage for backlinks are different for yahoo and Google . Make your backlinks from good neighbourhood and try to get it from indexed pages with few backlinks and relavant to your topic too. :)

Yahoo likes much of the same thing as google it looks for the keywords within your website. Although quality text is important you aren't going to get very far without incoming links. One way links are still the best way to rank well in yahoo.

MI
Back