The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo, MSN catching up to Google

I

imported_misi

Google Inc. provides the best overall consumer experience among major Web search engines, but Yahoo Inc. and Microsoft Corp.'s MSN have made significant gains in popularity since May 2004, according to a study by Keynote Systems Inc. Participants in the survey also chose Google as the search engine they would most likely use in the future. Google, Yahoo and MSN are the top three search engines, in that order, based on overall consumer experience, Keynote found in a survey of 2,000 consumers, the results of which it released on Thursday. Ask Jeeves Inc. and Lycos Inc. round out the top five, the San Mateo, California-based Web performance monitoring company said.

http://www.thestandard.com/movabletype/datadigest/archives/000836.php

stats agreed

yep,

i agree.
Our stats below:
Google 68% Yahoo 16% MSN Search 12% (96% total)

It's been this way for a long time. It will be interesting to see what Microsoft have up their sleves for the launch of msn search and the sort of advertising budget they will have assigned to it to try to obtain a larger part of google's and yahoo's share of the search market.

roll on msn search - the more the merrier (hopefully)

Briggsy

Re: stats agreed

Briggsy said:
It will be interesting to see what Microsoft have up their sleves for the launch of msn search and the sort of advertising budget they will have assigned to it to try to obtain a larger part of google's and yahoo's share of the search market.

roll on msn search - the more the merrier (hopefully)

Briggsy
I agree with you but I must add that Packaging will only attrack so many customers if you don't delever.
I keep my finger crossed. I will be happy if Googles 'Monopoly' is broken or threatened they are becoming a monster on the web.

>I keep my finger crossed. I will be happy if Googles 'Monopoly' is broken or threatened they are becoming a monster on the web.

I think they have already become that monster and look forward to the day when people don't automatically look to G for results, but I think its still a long way off

Oh BTW Hiya from a newbie :D

Tigger said:
>I keep my finger crossed. I will be happy if Googles 'Monopoly' is broken or threatened they are becoming a monster on the web.

I think they have already become that monster and look forward to the day when people don't automatically look to G for results, but I think its still a long way off

Oh BTW Hiya from a newbie :D

Hi Tigger and welcome! :)

I just hope that MS entering the arena won't do to SEO what it did to HTML when they got into www... that is: completely mess up everything, without any consideration for common, existent standards... etc.
If we'll have to optimize pages one way for google, another way for MSN, another for Yahoo.... good luck to all SEO experts out there then.... :)

thanks for the welcome.

this year is certainly going to be an interesting one, but I have a funny feeling the SE usage figures this time next year won't be that different to current usage, but time will tell

Don't worry Tiger,
"The power of the beast" will wane soon or late if you hang in there long enough, I remember the days when Alta Vista used to be "The Search Engine /Directory" and then the baton passed to Yahoo and now Google, who know a few year down the line what the next big thing might be.

I was very pleased when Yahoo stopped using Google search results and hopefully the will be a resurgence for Yahoo as MSN seem to be flatlining at the moment (The have actually lost market share to Yahoo)

MI
Back