The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Yahoo indexes nofollow links

M

mrcrowley

Has anyone ever noticed yahoo.com indexes no follow links?
Not sure about yahoo site exlorer but i would guess that does too since it shows a larger ammount of links than yahoo.com

This is not a new thing but i've never come across any discussions about this.

Does this have any effect on SEO good or bad?

In example my link bid site linkdomain:linkbid.allskytv.com -site:linkbid.allskytv.com - Yahoo! Search Results
Some of the links from UKWW are no follow.

Are you absolutely sure about this? a link with nofollow should not be indexed, all good robots obey that tag

I see what you mean. It should not have been indexed... perhaps something is wrong with Yahoo bot or the nofollow hack on this site does not work properly.

Before one can conclusively say Yahoo does not obey not follow, two three more example will be good, from a html site... the hack used for nofollow here could be faulty and not doing its job

I've seen this happen for months now (i've only been a webmaster for months) its not only links for UKWW that are indexed i've come across other sites too. UKWW is only prominent because there are many links, while a directory may only offer 1 link. I will try to find more examples for you :)

It goes to show you that its now how long you have been a webmaster that counts but how vigilant you are :)

Welldone for this observation MrCrawley, rep added :)

The nofollow thing is quite an interesting question. Finally i found a blog post where my questions were answered. You may find it usefull.

Thanks Bagi this is a very useful article and clears a number of things up.

YAhoo by not passing the trust attribution. I believe this means that while yahoo may pass extra traffic on nofollow links won't effect your overall rank in yahoo. But those links will still show up in search results for certain key terms as i have noticed in the past. But the page with your link txt shows up rather than your actual site getting credited for it.

Ask treats nofollow like any other link. I wonder how many other search engines there are out there that disregards the nofollow tag.

How does MSN treat nofollow for example.

There`s obviously some reason why webmasters wouldn`t want a Search Engine to follow a link, but what is it?

I mainly appy it in order to avoid the negative effect of the comment spamming at my blog. Spamming is a very fashionable way to promote crap sites, and the nofollow protect you.

Yes, good point. In fact I saw a blog recently which made it very clear that although the site details may be entered in the `comments` the comments would be `No Follow` which was to prevent spamming.

yahoo updation

Has anyone ever noticed yahoo.com indexes no follow links?
Not sure about yahoo site exlorer but i would guess that does too since it shows a larger ammount of links than yahoo.com

This is not a new thing but i've never come across any discussions about this.

Does this have any effect on SEO good or bad?

hello friend you know how many time after update yahoo our website and how to crwel yahoo proress.

banners
Back