The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Yahoo advertising PPC question about keywords

nology

affiliate
Hi,

I'm going to do yahoo pay per click and I'm not going to commit to it yet until I get a question of mine cleared up. It is asking for me to put in a list of keywords for my website.

I was going to put in the keywords of "custom t-shirt" and "custom t-shirts". Is there a difference. I have a 50 keyword limit and I don't want to put in the singular version and the plural version of the word if it's pointless to put in the same word. Please let me know if putting in the singular version and the plural version of a word is the wrong thing to do. Also would you advise that I put in the keywords of "custom t-shirt" and "custom tshirt" without the dash symbol ? Well any advice to get the most out of my keyword list would be great. Thanks all for your support as I am new to PPC.

Yes I believe if you use phrase match "in quotes" you should use all variations of singular, plural, dash and no dash. Plus tee shirt(s) gets quite a few searches as well as t shirt(s) with a space and no dash.

Why do you have a 50 keyword limit?

my 50 keyword limit

when i put in my key words or key phrases yahoo has a rule that says "50 keyword limit". I'm new to all of this so I thought it was standard procedure to have a limit on keywords. Well correct me if I'm wrong or if there are better advertising campaigns i could use. I was confused on which one to choose. Google adwords or yahoo advertising. well if you can give me some insight that would be great. thanks again for all of your help.

I don't know Yahoo well, but 50 seems low. That may be 50 per campaign. You should break your KW up into smaller campaigns anyway. For instance all the t-shirt KW in one campaign. All the tshirt campaigns in another.

Some like Adwords better, some like Yahoo. I think in general more prefer Adwords but most serious marketers use both.

All that said, are you sure you are ready to do PPC? It's an easy way to lose lots of money if you don't know everything about how to do it. Have you studied it? Do you know how to write ads and have a good landing page? Have you taken any classes or studied the online documentation from Yahoo???

We have some good resources in the stickies here in the PPC forum that may be helpful.

The 50 keyword limit is for search traffic. With content you can a lot more keywords, but be careful you can get tapped out quick. Start with $15.00 per campaign so you can test. The key with ppc is test test test. If you don't get any conversions move on. Hope this helps a bit
Ted

MI
Back