The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Wow, have you read Harvey Segal's stuff?

rolara1

affiliate
There's a new Ebook I have just come across which I think will become very popular, if it hasn't already... i'm fairly new to this, so it might already be :eek: It presents probably the very best strategy for selling any type of product using methods which will never become obsolete. Plus a pretty jarring twist which will send your traffic rocketing. The Ultimate SuperTip by Harvey Segal (Mr SuperTips i guess he goes by also) is neatly set out, easy to follow, written without hype and not littered with annoying links. and don't worry, it's totally free! I pretty much read through it and was floored. Only five chapters but so good content-wise. The whole twist on the viral marketing thing, it's a great read if nothing else, but it can't be nothing else. i think it's a great source of information for anybody really.. very straight to the point and no-nonsense. And it ends with a viral idea for making you money from the book itself.

If you want you can read up about it at bogusaffiliatelinkredirecttrick.com .. i love that it's totally free.. apparently it's gotten rave reviews too. check it out if you have the time!

{{affiliate re-direct link removed by Linda - NOT allowed}}

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rolara

Thanks for the post - but it's a bit confusing. You're talking about your new find, yet you promote it in your signature. Can you explain the contradiction?

sarahk said:
Hi Rolara

Thanks for the post - but it's a bit confusing. You're talking about your new find, yet you promote it in your signature. Can you explain the contradiction?

Yes it is called self promotion spam. Such posts are the first warning that such a product is junk.

oh, sorry, i just joined the forum on wednesday night and it seemed like a great idea to put it in my signature... i read through the book a couple times since i got it on tuesday but didn't decide to comment on it until yesterday. i'm kind of new to the forum thing too.. does my post seem strange or did i break a rule? thanks for the feedback ;)

oh, and i don't really think it is junk.. at least i don't think so, but i am kind of new to this kind of thing so maybe it is, but nonetheless there are things you can take away from it. That's up to you to decide though, i just thought maybe somebody else read about it too and could comment on the ideas to help me understand it even better. it's his book though, not mine but i like it :)

It is fine to promote one's own sites or one's favorite sites in sigs. The thing is 99% of the time when a person joins a forum and then preaches about how great some product or service is, they have a vested interest in said product or service. When they post about the product of service and then add it to their sig, it is nearly a 100% certainty it is a spam post.

Virtually nobody runs around joining forums simply to post unsolicited testimonials for products they have no vested or economic interest in. This is why many forums do not allow new users to promote sites until they have established a little credibility and proven they won't simply post some spam and then disappear.

oh, i see.. i see it now when it's laid out like that. it wasn't my intention to do that, so I'll try not to make that kind of mistake again. i did get a little bit excited about the book though, believe it or not it's a decent read, and when i went back and read my first post, i do see how it can look like it was spam. My apologies.

HI Guys,

Sorry I was MIA for this post. It's an affiliate link so there is vested interest and it IS spam and it's against the rules to post affiliate links in the discussion. you can have the link in your sig though.

I will let this thread stand since so many members took their time to post. I removed your affiliate link in the post.

It's also very disingenuous to make it sound like "hey I just discovered this and think it's great" - when you are really promoting it as an affiliate. It's sort of like lying. Also be advised that pros, like all the commenters above, can spot this type of veiled ad deception a mile away so it does not really work. :(

MI
Back