The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

WordPress

RayTamayo

affiliate
Has anyone found out how to make a better theme for wordpress. I bought a dot com through wordpress as a test but cannot access any Cpanel?

Oh Well.....:confused:

You "bought a dot com through wordpress"??? You just bought the domain and then set up Wordpress yourself on your own hosting? Or you bought a turnkey blog that was already set up??? Maybe if you explain more we can help you better.

I've never heard of a theme where you could not access the control panel. Sounds like something set up wrong or operator error as opposed to a bad theme.

There are thousands of WP themes you just pick the one you like, don't need to build it yourself.

Yeah Linda, bought the domain name and Cannot find the access to the cpanel so I could make it me.
Do you know who to contact or do they have a contact for wordpress?

You BOUGHT a domain from WP?

To set up Wordpress on your own domain you'd need to have your own host.
After you set up the hosting you'll have access to Cpanel.

If you need help with cpanel, the host is who you need to contact about Cpanel to set up Wordpress.

Thanks Linda,
I use host gator for some of my stuff now, but like i said wordpress offers you to buy a domain name through them and after that its just your domain name no control.

I wasn't aware that WordPress was in the business of selling domain names either. Are they the registrar? if not, you need to find out who the registrar is so you can point the nameservers to your server.

Is this what you did? Through Wordpress.com??? (top of page) Products WordPress.com

What that is intended for is...

You get a free blog hosted on THEIR server and POINT your domain to them.
That's NOT what you want to do. Wordpress.com does not like blogs used for SEO or affiliate marketing. They strongly discourage affiliate links and could pull your blog after you take time to build it up.

But you should still own the domain. Like David said you need to find out how to get access to the name servers so you can point the domain to a hosting account on HostGator. Then you can get access to Cpanel and set up your own WP blog that you have complete control over.

Is this what you did? Through Wordpress.com??? (top of page) Products WordPress.com

What that is intended for is...

You get a free blog hosted on THEIR server and POINT your domain to them.
That's NOT what you want to do. Wordpress.com does not like blogs used for SEO or affiliate marketing. They strongly discourage affiliate links and could pull your blog after you take time to build it up.

But you should still own the domain. Like David said you need to find out how to get access to the name servers so you can point the domain to a hosting account on HostGator. Then you can get access to Cpanel and set up your own WP blog that you have complete control over.

Yeah but they give you the opportunity in the dashboard area.

Thank You very much Linda... The Great Linda Buqet

banners
Back