The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Wordpress static home page or blog home page?

affiliaterookie2009

affiliate
Hello everyone,

I have learned of the option to turn a static (about me) page into a home page and I can just have links to the blogging pages. I currently use (by default) the blogging page as my home page.

Does anyone know which is more effective for affiliate marketing? Which method pulls in more traffic? If static is better should I wait until I have more content and links before making my home page static? Because I think for now the blogging headlines would attract more views.

Greatly appreciate your feedback!

I think having the actual blog on the home page will help more with traffic. G tends to rank your homepage the highest and G tends to like frequent updates so a blog on the home page is perfect.

I've been noticing more and more lately that the big G has been sending traffic mainly to interior pages. As long as your link structure is good, you market your site properly, and have a valid web feed and sitemap.xml file, you should be fine either way.

On a side note, I can see why someone might want a static home page in the front (not necessarily the "about" page either). If you want to promote a specific merchant or feature a specific product, then the homepage would be a great place to do it. Or, even as an email capture/pre-sell page.

Plus, with WordPress, it's quite possible to get the best of both worlds. (I know this because one of my product sites is powered by WordPress and using the static homepage feature with an attached blog section that I use for newsletters/updates and the site sees its fair share of G traffic.)

~ Teli

banners
Back