The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Windows XP

N

novocaine

heh. i just installed windows XP Professional two days ago and after only 3 connection to the internet i got a variation of the blaster worm.. My bad.. i admit it.. i thought i could live without a firewall.. again MY BAD. Now i am searching like a fool on the microsoft site for that bloody XP fix and guess what.. i can't find it. i must be too tired or maybe too annoyed by the fact that my precious "clean" PC got infected by this awful worm (this was, is and will be the ONLY virus / worm / trojan that managed to find its way into my system.. god damn it.. i hate windows)

And now.. on subject. i need links ot anti-virus sollutions created for this ugly bug and more.. if you know where that microsoft fix is.. please post it here.
THIS IS SO ANNOYING :D

Only the best.. (slp llik lliB setaG)

Radu,
The first thing you should have done is to go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and update your Windows XP that will plug all the holes in the version you have just installed. Secondly you need to install Windows XP SP2 but I have a feeling it will have been included in the update software Microsoft will recommend you download once their software scan your system

Temi

Temi.. that's the official way... but i have two major problems

1. I am on dial-up. so a 80mb download or so is pretty impossible :D
2. There is a small glitch in my windows license.. it does not exist.. so a windows activation / update from their site is pretty impossible too :D.. do you understand my problem. i just want that patch :D.

I found out that SP2 can be found on a computer magazine from here. CHIP.. i'll buy it tomorrow.. and about the win activation.. hehe.. i'l let the l33t to take care of that

THanks

Ummm,
Uncle Bill Gates will frown at this post. You need to go legal as soon as possible or change to Linux, no licence required.

Temi

:)

I have a word or two for uncle Bill... :)

I will go legal.. as soon as it is profitable.. at the moment. a windows license is not a good investment for me.. but by the end of next year.. i will have one :)

Temi: if you consider that this topic is "breaking" any laws.. feel free to delete it.. i don't mind :)

I am not sure about it breaking laws beside this forum is way too small for MS to notice and even if they did it could help both you and MS understand each other better.

After all in Iraq there are probably millions of copies of MS products there but Iraq laws does not recognise MS licensing to there is no MS licensing enforcement and the whole world is aware of this fact.
Temi

:)

I can only hope that Macromedia , Adobe and Corel will port all their aplications to Linux.. and make them work great and then... be sure that I will have nothing to do with any Microsoft product :)

We have here in Romania an agency.. called BSA that takes care of license problems. it works with the police (and the software giants like Microsoft and Macromedia ) and inspects all the firms that have and operate computers for software licenses :D Probably when i will have my own firm.. i will buys a license for all my software.. until then.. i don't really have thousands of dollars to waste on this :D

MI
Back