The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Will "Promotional Property Commissioning" change anything ?

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
So commission Junction sent out an email about a new feature they have that they call "Promotional Property Commissioning".

This is exactly what the email said:

upload_2020-5-27_19-19-34.png

Does anyone think this is a feature other networks will implement in the future?

Could it change affiliate marketing as we know it today if each affiliate was assigned commission rates based on their experience and ability to deliver instead of default base commission rates and if affiliate could easily negotiate higher commission rates?

These are things affiliates can already do, but they must do so outside affiliate networks seeing as it is a custom commission rate.

How could this affect thing? Or do you think its just a fluff feature?

Can you explain exactly what this is?

I certainly can try. First understand commission junction is an affiliate network so they run affiliate programs for tons and tons and tons of companies.

Normally as an affiliate you join an affiliate network, look at the their list of companies and products, see the commission rates set by those companies and apply to the ones that fit your target niche audience.

So imagine for the past 5 years you have owned a website about internet security. You have spend that time building your list of subscribers, your seo, you domain authority, etc. You are getting 250,000+ hits a day. Your property is very valuable. You can convert 30 people per day to any product you promote from your site.

You decide you want some new products and services to promote from your website so you check out your commission junction account and find you want to promote panda security. According to the offer you can earn 15% of each sale. Thats a great commission rate if you are just starting out, but your website is 5 years old with real authority in the field so you decide you are going to look for something better because 15% isn't enough.

Well what this new feature allows is for you do is to work with your account manager and work out partnerships with panda security to get your website a custom commission rate of 35% instead of 15%. Most affiliate networks are not so fluid. You are stuck with what the offer is. With this feature you can have a custom commission rate created just for your website with relatively little work.

I hope this makes sense and I have explained this feature properly. I am basing my view off the email but this was my understanding of it.

banners
Back