The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Will Java die in 5 years?

Do you think Java will die within 5 years?

• Total voters

KayTech

affiliate
Hello guys,

This is a topic that is being discussed in the Software Engineering field recently, and it is basically whether Java will die within 5 years or not.

Many people are saying that Java is basically losing its use that it had a few years ago. I can already see that in popular companies, as well as gaming companies which have used Java, and now they're moving to other languages.

Do you think Java will die? If you think so, please tell me why and if not, also share why.

Don't forget to vote in the poll!

Die meaning anything in the future won't be used? OR that anything on Java ever will be useless?

It's such a huge language now it won't die completely, I feel. If a company uses Java for some products it keeps putting out, it won't just stop using Java and make the huge switch.

All languages reach and end in their life cycles, you don't see many job offers for pascal or cobol anymore. That being said, Java has found new life trough Android so it is not going away any time soon.

Applets, on the other hand, are completely and absolutely dead, those are not coming back, but Java is still strong on the server side.

Java is one of the most popular languages in the industry right now. There is no way it is going to die within the next 5 years. Moving to another language is just not practical for shops that already have a very large code base.

While languages like Cobol are not widely used anymore, developers in those "dead" languages are still in demand for maintaining legacy systems.

I don't think Java can die in upcoming 5 years. Java is developing continuously and supported by a Development community like Oracle. The most of the mobile software, embedded system and popular development applications like Netbeans, Eclipse run in Java. It's the most rich language support packages (that offer the reusability of codes) and it's quite secure what make it still popular among programmers and web developer.

Java is very much live and kicking and I would consider it to be one of the best, most supported and versatile languages around. Its not going anywhere.
There are some languages popping up every now and then that get attention but its short lived novelty - its impossible to compete with the maturity of Java and how it spans across desktop, web and mobile.

banners
Back